14 - João Félix

El Flaco

Di Marzio says Juventus are in meeting with Benfica & Jorge Mendes for Joao Felix

[tw]1100836936539930624[/tw]

FC433

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/viASLWJuHm4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He is definitely something. If I were to make the choice, I would pick him as my first option and Jovic would be my second. Jovic reminds of Griezmann in his style and positioning, which is good, but he is not as fast as Felix.

Felix is very rapid, skillful and he seems free very free and electric.

Donatello

We are looking for Suarez replacement, but we should also think about the post GOAT era now so that he can tutor young talents, and getting someone to build around. I think Felix is ideal for that.

Dembele is best as a supporter, not as the main man, sort of Ribery kind of role in team. And In Felix you get someone who is good in air & has pace, two things that fit well with Dembele.

Coutinho was supposed to be, but is far from it as the things stand, and he will already be 29, so not a long term replacement either.

Some issues that I observed were,

1) He needs a support striker(a no. 9) upfront, to create space, aswell to link up.
2) He is easy to push off the ball, somewhat ok-ish in strength.
3) In Benfica, he plays as second striker in 4-4-2, while we play 4-3-3. Where/How will he fit in till Messi is here?

He plays in a setup completely different than ours, but as an individual talent he looks highly promising. He is still a risk considering he is still somewhat vague and his high market value, but a player to look out for.

Last edited:

serghei

Lol. When we replace Suarez it will have to be for an already established striker. Sorry but there is a reason why the no9 position at the really big clubs is occupied by older players. You need some serious know how to play there surrounded by defenders.

I do not see a viable Suarez replacement this summer. We should absolutely stay away from more 100m. gambles. I'd rather get De Ligt instead, who's almost a certainty by now, playing great against big teams.

Donatello

Lol. When we replace Suarez it will have to be for an already established striker. Sorry but there is a reason why the no9 position at the really big clubs is occupied by older players. You need some serious know how to play there surrounded by defenders.

I do not see a viable Suarez replacement this summer. We should absolutely stay away from more 100m. gambles.

I do agree, but 100M is not what it used to be. De Jong cost us 86M, De Ligt will cost nearly the same (they aren't even attackers who generally cost the most). RM payed 80M for two teenagers.

Market is fucked up. You have to pay more than usual, or have some exceptional scouting, or some good youth propects.

You are right about the experience though, but we do need to get someone, who is available with such a profile?

serghei

I do agree, but 100M is not what it used to be. De Jong cost us 86M, De Ligt will cost nearly the same (they aren't even attackers who generally cost the most). RM payed 80M for two teenagers.

Market is fucked up. You have to pay more than usual, or have some exceptional scouting, or some good youth propects.

You are right about the experience though, but we do need to get someone, who is available with such a profile?

Yes, but De Jong and De Ligt are more proven that this kid. They had some great performances against top class teams. Which is the sort of confirmation you want when paying that sum. This guy isn't proven outside the mediocre Portugal league is he?

And also, no9 is a position where you are kind of alone. More isolated than other positions. Playing deep into the defensive lines of teams, often in the middle of two defenders.

Donatello

Yes, but De Jong and De Ligt are more proven that this kid. They had some great performances against top class teams. Which is the sort of confirmation you want when paying that sum. This guy isn't proven outside the mediocre Portugal league is he?

Dutch league is even more mediocre & by same logic RM shouldn't have spent 80M on mere Brazillian teenagers.

De Jong and De Ligt are good, but not worth the money we pay/will pay, that's the market for you.

And also, no9 is a position where you are kind of alone. More isolated than other positions. Playing deep into the defensive lines of teams, often in the middle of two defenders.

I know that, already raised this issue in my previous post.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Being more proven is probably the only reason their price is close to Felix, a potential generational attacking talent is worth way more than that of a midfielder or a defender.
If he continue to do what he is doing in CL he will cost was more, like Mbappé type of fee.
I mean 16 years old Vinicius cost 40M 2 years ago, Rodrygo 45 and they were less proven than Felix
And he is sort of a 2nd striker who makes things very flexible for us, he is the top target for me next summer

khaled_a_d

^^^Early when he played his 1st couple of games
And we have made signings for players we weren't linked with during the season

FC433

Dutch league is even more mediocre & by same logic RM shouldn't have spent 80M on mere Brazillian teenagers.

De Jong and De Ligt are good, but not worth the money we pay/will pay, that's the market for you.

I know that, already raised this issue in my previous post.

Real Madrid got VJ for 61m while R for 45m = 106m for the two of them.

Joao Felix's release clause is about 120m.

Is he worth 120m? not sure, but he is my top pick.

serghei

Being more proven is probably the only reason their price is close to Felix, a potential generational attacking talent is worth way more than that of a midfielder or a defender.
If he continue to do what he is doing in CL he will cost was more, like Mbappé type of fee.
I mean 16 years old Vinicius cost 40M 2 years ago, Rodrygo 45 and they were less proven than Felix
And he is sort of a 2nd striker who makes things very flexible for us, he is the top target for me next summer

Sure, if he will be great in CL and score a lot of goals next season, while leading his team to the semifinal, he could cost that. Until then, he is a talent in a weaker league who hasn't proven anything at the highest level.

100m. is absurd. No way should he cost more than Vinicius did for example. 40-50m. at this point. Anything else would be a higher gamble than De Ligt or De Jong, who already proved with Nederlands that they can keep their own vs the best teams.

Home of Barca Fans