Emerson

Messi983

Or Roberto will be used as a midfielder.

Anyway, I'd be happy to see Emerson getting a fair chance here next season.

Catta

Roberto will probably become the 5th midfielder after Frenkie, Pedri, Moriba and Busi.

I have high hopes for Emerson, happy that he will get a chance.

Andresito

Staff member
Bringing him back a no brainier. Isn?t the buy back around 7m? He?s clearly worth over 20m so whether we keep or sell he needs to come back.

I think it's 9m. Betis get 50 % from a future sale so it'll have to be a huge offer to consider it. Unless he can be used to cook the books somehow, Barto style, then 25m could be useful.

But I think it's fair to give him a chance. Different player compared to Dest and they could give each other a boost.
Could even play Dest LB and Emerson RB some games.

mc_lovin

We would only break even with a 30ME sell given Betis 50% stake (and our 15ME investment: 6ME already+9ME this summer). Absolute no-brainer to keep him as I dont see anyone, not even PSG, paying substantially more than that.

Vilarrubi

Fair enough. Was impressed with him vs Madrid. Is that his usual level? Haven’t watched enough of him. Looked a bit better than Dest and clearly better than Roberto.

khaled_a_d

We would only break even with a 30ME sell given Betis 50% stake (and our 15ME investment: 6ME already+9ME this summer). Absolute no-brainer to keep him as I dont see anyone, not even PSG, paying substantially more than that.

iirc they already repaid us the 6M of ours, and we will have to pay 12M for him, making total deal cost 12M at that point.
And the 50% reported resale value is never the actual deal, it is the profit. so if we pay 12M for him, we split the profit in case we sold him. so if we get 30M Betis will get have of the 18M difference.

xXKonan

Fair enough. Was impressed with him vs Madrid. Is that his usual level? Haven’t watched enough of him. Looked a bit better than Dest and clearly better than Roberto.
He's been having a good season with Betis for the most part.

Different from the likes of Dest and Roberto profile-wise. He's taller and physically stronger than both of them and not too shabby on the technical side if you ask me and has improved bounds on the defensive end as well.

mc_lovin

iirc they already repaid us the 6M of ours, and we will have to pay 12M for him, making total deal cost 12M at that point.
And the 50% reported resale value is never the actual deal, it is the profit. so if we pay 12M for him, we split the profit in case we sold him. so if we get 30M Betis will get have of the 18M difference.

That makes a lot more sense.

Vilarrubi

[@SkySportNewsHD] | Bayern Munich are interested in Emerson Royal.

Right, that’s it... we need to keep him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[@SkySportNewsHD] | Bayern Munich are interested in Emerson Royal.

Right, that’s it... we need to keep him.

Not only that, but if Betis have 40-50% rights to a sell-on fee then it makes no sense for us to sell him unless we get a huge offer.

Messi983

He's leading the league in interceptions (60), 6 more than Casemiro. Also 4th in tackles made, 5th in tackles won and 10th in fouls drawn.

vuji_31

He's leading the league in interceptions (60), 6 more than Casemiro. Also 4th in tackles made, 5th in tackles won and 10th in fouls drawn.

Where are the pass stats?

We need someone to pass ball backwards not to be good defending.

Home of Barca Fans