Emerson

Trickykid

Sound more like Henrique for me tbh

Aside from the fact that Douglas actually managed to get a few minutes here, what's the difference?

I suppose you could lump Keirrison in there as well, even though some people out there claimed he actually possessed some talent.

khaled_a_d

Aside from the fact that Douglas actually managed to get a few minutes here, what's the difference?

I suppose you could lump Keirrison in there as well, even though some people out there claimed he actually possessed some talent.

The dual deal? price range? age & actual potential? Both are very Henrique esque tbh although different positions.
Henrique was relatively highly rated unproven young Brazilian CB that we made a deal with Leverkusen so they get him 1st and pay some of his price, he was good but not Barca material at all, Douglas wasn't even Benfica material tbh

Trickykid

The dual deal? price range? age & actual potential? Both are very Henrique esque tbh although different positions.
Henrique was relatively highly rated unproven young Brazilian CB that we made a deal with Leverkusen so they get him 1st and pay some of his price, he was good but not Barca material at all, Douglas wasn't even Benfica material tbh

Emerson doesn't seem to be rated at all, though. At least not from the tidbits I've read.

Trickykid

Almost as Henrique tbh, Douglas was rated badly. At 24 his team wanted him to be relegated to back up rather than becoming starter
Do you have any articles praising him handy by any chance? All I have seen are small snippets from Atletico Mineiro fans wondering what we're going to do with him and a pretty damning review of his Brazil u20 performances during the SA u20 championship.

xXKonan

Dylfg3xX4AAgv9P.jpg

Starts for Brazil U-20 vs Uruguay U-20 in a little while.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@Trickykid @khaled_a_d and everyone else obviously

This might be worth listening to regarding Emerson. Not very long and Tim Vickery is probably the best English-speaking person to talk about Brazilian Football considering it's basically what he's been doing for a decade or two now.

[tw]1091867723922051077[/tw]

Trickykid

@Trickykid @khaled_a_d and everyone else obviously

This might be worth listening to regarding Emerson. Not very long and Tim Vickery is probably the best English-speaking person to talk about Brazilian Football considering it's basically what he's been doing for a decade or two now.

[tw]1091867723922051077[/tw]

Yeah, I actually heard that the other day as well. Pretty depressing stuff, to say the least.

xXKonan

That's my impression when I watched his HL videos.

He's tall and physically imposing and moderately decent going forward but that's about it. Wague who is a year older than he is seems like a much better option to give a chance to compared to Emerson.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Don't see what the problem is tbh. The only thing keeping us from the treble in recent years is the presence of a "Douglas" :douglas:

Leo_Messi

Just like I wrote after taking a look at a Atlético Miniero forum. He has not exactly set the world on fire for the Brazilian youth teams either according to virtually every rating and report.

Anyway, I doubt that he will be as bad as the Douglas transfer but it is nevertheless a very strange transfer.

Maybe the current board wants to have their obligatory obscure Brazilian right back mascot that will give us luck and ensure that we will win another triplete? The more unknown and underwhelming the better.:bartomeu:

Last edited:

Messi983

Brazil is struggling as a team in U20 Championship so it's tough to make much out of Emerson's individual performances.

Paulo Freitas thinks it could be a coaching problem.

[tw]1092551477707587584[/tw]

xXKonan

He was asked about his move a couple of days ago.

“Until now I imagined that it was something not real but now I’m thinking about playing with Messi,” said Emerson.

“For me he’s a fantastic player, one of the best in the world. It’s something incredible and now I will try to enjoy the big opportunity I’m getting.

“I can only say I am very happy with the transfer. It’s something that you dream of as kids and now it’s happening. It’s also a moment to be grateful to Atletico Mineiro and the national team (U20s) because they gave me the chance to show what I can do with my job.”

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...thinking-about-playing-with-leo-messi-7295051

Home of Barca Fans