Emerson

Leo_Messi

Never seen in him in action for even a second but local Miniero fans judge his talent differently, the majority of them don't rate him overly much from what I could see on their forum. Anyway he can be watched currently during the South American U20 Championship where he has been a starter so far.

A bit of a strange deal to put it mildly given Semedo's, Roberto's and Wague's presence. €6 million and him being loaned out to Betis until 2021. From then on we can buy him for €6 million extra if he will be good enough. Let us see.

Well, looks like there are several different reports about the details of his transfer other than the above one.

BTW he looks way older than his supposed age for what it is worth.:lol:

Last edited:

xXKonan

The last player we were linked with From Atletico-MG in terms of Fullbacks was Douglas Santos during our search for a backup LB for Alba in 2016.

I remember Globo saying Cury was trying to get him to sign with us but it never happened. Thankfully we ended up going for other options as Douglas Santos was nowhere near good enough for us. I'll be keeping my eye out on Emerson myself during his Betis stint.

Trickykid

The more I hear about him, the more he sounds like another, more expensive Douglas. Some shady shit going down for sure.

Porque

The more I hear about him, the more he sounds like another, more expensive Douglas. Some shady shit going down for sure.

Certainly does not look anything special from the highlights. Plus RB is stacked with Bob, Semedo, Wague, maybe Morey

Would have made more sense to activate a similar deal with a LB. But hopefully the sporting department spotted something that us fans are missing.

"His time at Atlético Mineiro is very irregular and he alternates moments of genius in offensive play with childish failures in defensive coverage. "

https://as.com/opinion/2019/01/31/portada/1548962198_555580.html

To be honest I do not mind this too much. Defence he can learn in Europe. Achraf Hakimi, looked a joke in defence last year and this year is much better all around.

It is more about the talent level from the clips that worries me more with Emerson.

Last edited:

xXKonan

When you look at his highlights he doesn't really strike me as a guy that can be somewhat like a Dani Alves RB.

He seems like a player who could be moderately good going forward but not spectacular. But I guess we will have to wait and see how he does at Betis under Setien.

I think it's more than likely he could end up being an RB/CB type of player.

Porque

I recall watching a young Adriano at the 2003 Gold Cup. Maicon was on the other fullback position.

Hell of a young talent who without all his injuries could of been even better.

Home of Barca Fans