Emerson

Messi983

Yeah, it seems we flat out bought him and he was loaned to Betis for the next 6 months.

A lot different than what was reported.

He'll be sold to Betis for 6M in summer and we'll have a 9M buy option until 2021.

Two teams can't buy the same player so this was the only way to structure this "co-ownership" deal.

Until summer he's still Atletico Mineiro player on loan at Betis.

khaled_a_d

He'll be sold to Betis for 6M in summer and we'll have a 9M buy option until 2021.

Two teams can't buy the same player so this was the only way to structure this "co-ownership" deal.

That actually makes sense, although very complicated

xXKonan

Yeah, it's complicated.

Either way, I want to see how this guy fares at Betis. He seems like he could be a Miltao. A tall RB who has the height and possible defensive skills to play as a CB as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Perhaps this is just Bartomeu's new strategy of broadening our revenue streams: Buying low and selling high. :bartomeu:

Joan

Some questions:

(1) is he a first option RB for Brazil youth NT?
(2) do you see him playing as a wingback in Setien's system or in the back 3?
(3) how high is he rated? how high do you rate him?

And similar.

Devils

Damn how does Barto do it?

Just masterclass after masterclass.

Deadline day masterclass with Todibo and Emerson.

More #BlackExcellence coming to Barca dawg.

My eternal president.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Are we sure about that? Atletico Mineiro claiming he's sold to Barcelona and loaned out to Real Betis and will join Barcelona in July? Why couldn't they just have let Betis sign him and struck a deal with them directly?

Nonetheless will be interesting to see how he adapts the next few months.

khaled_a_d

Are we sure about that? Atletico Mineiro claiming he's sold to Barcelona and loaned out to Real Betis and will join Barcelona in July? Why couldn't they just have let Betis sign him and struck a deal with them directly?

Because in such case it won't be co-ownership.
A.Mineiro for now are dealing with us only, at least on paper. So they have no business with what happening next

Messi983

Some questions:

(1) is he a first option RB for Brazil youth NT?
(2) do you see him playing as a wingback in Setien's system or in the back 3?
(3) how high is he rated? how high do you rate him?

And similar.

1) Yes, he's a starter for Brazil U20 in South American U20 championship. Brazil still have 4 games to play with their next one being tomorrow against Venezuela.

2) Wingback.

They have Barragan and Francis at RWB but Francis has also covered LWB with Tello over the last month with Firpo injured. I don't know when he'll be back and now Tello is also injured so I think Emerson could get some playing time but he'll only arrive to Sevilla after U20 championship concludes in 10 days. Don't know how fast he'll adapt and how much he'll play this season but I don't see Francis as anything special (eventhough Setien seems to like him) and Barragan will probably leave in the summer so Emerson should become a starter next season. If he won't this will probably be a worrying sign he's not as good as expected.

3) Don't know, I've only watched him once against Bolivia when he was solid but nothing spectacular. Will probably watch him again tomorrow.

[tw]1091029326219362306[/tw]

Arizona Scott

Perhaps this is just Bartomeu's new strategy of broadening our revenue streams: Buying low and selling high. :bartomeu:

Sure worked out well with Mina. Really smart business plan where if he is more promising than a average la liga player we buy back to keep or re-sell. Little risks and lots of upsides to US.

Riordon

Highlights don’t look that good. Not the type of fullback I prefer.

But Betis is perfect for him to develop. So let’s see.

Messi983

I don't know why they didn't make a deal with Betis directly. Maybe Betis alone couldn't afford to pay 12M (this is pretty big money for a club of their stature for a 20 yo kid after they've already invested 14M in Lainez a few weeks ago). Or maybe they needed Barça involved in this kind of deal to get Emerson because there were other clubs interested in him.

But Atletico Mineiro has just confirmed what both Barça and Betis have announced.

[tw]1091040987605057537[/tw]

Until summer he's loaned from AM to Betis which is an agreement between two clubs.

Then Atletico will sell him to us - again a contract between two teams.

After that we don't know surely what will happen but from what I've understand we'll sell him back to Betis for 6M. I've read that Betis will pay us in three installments of 2M so they will also get some more cash fluidity which they'll also need if they want to execute Lo Celso buy option this summer for example. Anyway, Atletico will be out of the way in summer after we pay them 12M so whatever happens next with Emerson is our decision.

We are in somewhat grey area here with a possible co-ownership that is not allowed by FIFA. It's pretty obvious negotiations were going on between all three clubs but in the end contracts will be structured as separate deals between two clubs (AM-Betis loan; AM-Barça sale; Barça-Betis sale with buy back option).

Home of Barca Fans