Emerson

vuji_31

Good plan for us.

Miranda is worth nothing , he is so bad.
I would not give Puig.

He can be decent player.

Also Emerson seems raw for our style.
He is better in defensive way then as offensive.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think we can sell Firpo for a solid money to EPL (or if we'll continue to play with 3 at the back just keep him as a LCB if we can offload Umtiti and/or Lenglet; he's on a much lower wages than both of them) instead of sending him back to Betis for next to nothing.

We could use Miranda and maybe Collado/Puig in a deal to bring back Emerson though.

Collado & Puig should represent the future and Firpo the past. Miranda I could be on board with because I was never convinced by the player.

The bigger issue in terms of transfer strategy this summer is that sales will need to fuel acquisitions and in order to secure Emerson 9M will have to come up or settle for 50% on any resale of the player from Betis

We had Mendes to help facilitate fleecing Wolves for Semedo, not sure we will do better with Firpo but let's see what Mateu & Jordi can do

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://imgur.com/gallery/KYc1YJq

Little bit of stats compared to Alba,Ferland Mendy and Jesus Navas because there is no real comparison against other RB's.
It is obvious that he is beast in defense, but not so good in attack like I said.

Stats might not tell the whole story, having watched him play for a couple of seasons as I follow Betis casually, defensively he is still too clumsy to me, even though slightly better than before. His work rate is top notch, he is all over the pitch but he tends to make silly fouls and gets caught out of position often.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Good news from my POV, if accurate. I like the profile of the player and even economically it is smart to make the addtl invest to gain the majority of his transfer rights down the line should it be necessary

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Marcelo Bechler saying we have to pay 9M if we want Emerson. A couple of years ago that would have been a decent gamble on a player like him but now that every million matters I'm not sure Id go for it.

Edit: Just seen that DonAk posted the tweet.

Porque

Said in the Miranda thread but worth repeating here. First option should be to attempt and transfer the rights of Miranda in exchange for Emerson.

If Betis want more then there are the options of loans with Puig or Collado.

Ideally we would like to weasle this down to a 0 deficit deal as Emerson has grown enough to pay the 9m to resell either now, or assess for a season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Marcelo Bechler saying we have to pay 9M if we want Emerson. A couple of years ago that would have been a decent gamble on a player like him but now that every million matters I'm not sure Id go for it.

Edit: Just seen that DonAk posted the tweet.

Don't overlook the fact Barca have already paid half the initial 12.7M fee that is shared with Betis - total of 15.3M for Emerson

Joan

The more I look at it, the more I see Roberto as our starting Rb next season.

I'm hopefully wrong.

Btw., any club interested in Collado?

xXKonan

The more I look at it, the more I see Roberto as our starting Rb next season.

I'm hopefully wrong.

Btw., any club interested in Collado?
If Laporta is pushing to get Emerson for next season, I have a feeling he doesn't see Roberto as a viable solution long term as his deal ends in 2022.

While its true its up to the coach to see how things fit, I have a feeling Koeman will probably support the idea of moving away from Roberto at RB in favor of Dest-Emerson combo.

JamDav1982

If Laporta is pushing to get Emerson for next season, I have a feeling he doesn't see Roberto as a viable solution long term as his deal ends in 2022.

While its true its up to the coach to see how things fit, I have a feeling Koeman will probably support the idea of moving away from Roberto at RB in favor of Dest-Emerson combo.

Laporta spoke about likes of Roberto going out through front door after winning a CL... as said about Busi/Pique etc.

Most likely he will get a contract renewal on big wages and not even be a definite starter would be my guess.

Home of Barca Fans