Kai Havertz

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's one to follow.

Assuming Rakitic and Vidal will be gone in 2020, with Busquets on the verge of being phased out, either de Jong or Arthur can fill in permanently at CDM and we could look at signing a midfielder that can play a role forward.

Havertz is a proper midfielder even if he's more attacking than others so I wouldn't worry about him turning into another Coutinho. He's physically a force, creative, scores a lot of goals.

He need to have another great season though and I would like Bosz to play him as a RCM in 4-3-3 too.

I rate Puig, but I'm not sure if he'll ever be a starter, has some serious physical limitations, nonetheless I rate him highly and he definitely has a significant role to play at Barcelona.

Alena I'm less sure about. In many ways similar to Rafinha I think. Can potentially play multiple roles, but there's just something lacking IMO.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am almost certain he is going to join Bayern next summer as Bayern and Leverkusen seemed to have reached some sort of agreement that Bayern would not go after him this summer but next summer instead.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am almost certain he is going to join Bayern next summer as Bayern and Leverkusen seemed to have reached some sort of agreement that Bayern would not go after him this summer but next summer instead.

Every Bayern fan keep telling me Leverkusen's SD Rudi Voller despises them. He simply doesn't sell players to Bayern.

The current generation of German players also moving abroad so he might have an open mind about it if Barcelona or Real Madrid come knocking.

What do you think about him though? How do you rate him?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Every Bayern fan keep telling me Leverkusen's SD Rudi Voller despises them. He simply doesn't sell players to Bayern.

The current generation of German players also moving abroad so he might have an open mind about it if Barcelona or Real Madrid come knocking.

What do you think about him though? How do you rate him?

Voeller might not like Bayern but he is also realistic and pragmatic and he can't go against Havertz's wishes if he really wants to go to Bayern. This is what he allegedly said:

[tw]1159015317911289856[/tw]

Certainly by no means a done deal but Bayern still has the greatest pull among German players. I just remember hearing some Bayern fans saying there was a gentleman's agreement of some sort, not sure how true it is.

As to Havertz, I only watched Leverkusen sparsely last season but from what I have seen he looked very good and he struck me particularly with his high football IQ and makes very smart decisions on the pitch as to where to run to, where and who to pass the ball to and when to shoot. For a tall guy he has got very nimble foot work and he is good at headers too. The only thing concerns me a bit is I think so far he has been playing in a fast-paced, very mobile system where there is often ample space to maneuver, I don't know how he will fare in our slow possession game where there isn't that much space (our own failing). And I don't know if he will be taking those shots here, instead of passing them to Messi and the senior guys. I fear he might become more banal here.

Andresito

Staff member
I like him a lot. I'd rather spend the Neymar money on him next season.

Despite being so young (20 years) he's very experienced having already played 100+ games for Leverkusen having a good record in both in BuLi and in Europe.

He'll be very hot next season and I can't see him go for less than €100M. Him and Mbappé will be the best players in a few years.

Sorin

I like him a lot. I'd rather spend the Neymar money on him next season.

Despite being so young (20 years) he's very experienced having already played 100+ games for Leverkusen having a good record in both in BuLi and in Europe.

He'll be very hot next season and I can't see him go for less than €100M. Him and Mbappé will be the best players in a few years.

Bolded part.

I've been saying this over and over again. Bringing Neymar now, on loan with option to buy next year, or outright buying him for a bigass fee, will seriously limit us in our ability to pursue the likes of Havertz. Just forget Neymar, he is the past, time to look up to the future and buying the likes of Havertz is the way to go. Why oh why will people be willing to to buy the diva for some short term improvement, which won't guarantee anything as long as the shit manager that we have is still here, is beyond me.

In 3 years time we will look at the likes of Havertz, Sancho, Mabappe etc. tearing it up at whichever team signs them while we will be stuck with a declining 31 yo Neymar(if he even lasts that long). Messi will be 35-36 by that time too.

Donatello

This guy has no weaknesses, he posses everything a football should. Would be amazing if he joined us

TBH I am 50-50, because Puig shows tremendous potential. But yeah, if he turns out bad, Havertz is a no brainer. But I still feel bad missing out on Felix, he can play AM and on wings as well. Might have been a better option than Havertz considering our squad.

Laplacian

Puig can compete with Havertz. Besides we won't ever get him even if he becomes available to clubs abroad, the board doesn't think we need a creative midfielder else our transfer activity would have been very different. I think they're satisfied with the atrocious Arthur-DeJong-DM defensive midfield for the next year or so.

Havertz is like a versatile Ozil with the defensive ability of centre midfielder. He's incredible.

Laplacian

I love Puig too, but man we have potentially the best attacking midfielder for the next generation becoming available next season, say go all out because it's a position we're desperately lacking in.

Home of Barca Fans