Ilaix Moriba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This isn't the first time his entourage/agents have been a pain in the ass threatening to leave unless they got their way.

Raketa10

Some say that siting on the bench of Juvenil A team is fantastic for young players development. :D I sincerely hope that during the next 12 months this will be his playing position.

With Busi getting old we only have 2 good midfielders (De Jong and Pedri). This idiot would have an opportunity of a lifetime to develop and earn unbelievable amount of money in the future. What a short-sighted moron.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Here is what Ilaix' father said in an interview in March.

Koeman's not feared putting him in.
I consider Ronald the 'Papa of Ilaix.' You have to be grateful to someone who gives you the chance of a lifetime, as he's done with my son. Not all managers make these gestures. If it wasn't for Koeman, some of these youngsters wouldn't be in the first team.

When it comes to renewing, having a coach that backs the kids is key.
With this dynamic, thanks to Koeman, I am 100 percent thinking of Bar?a. Why leave? At that age, taking the risk of going to another team when you have a coach that takes a chance on a kid from La Masia in a tough game like the Sevilla one... You have to appreciate that. Hardly anyone does it.

Laporta as president helps to think that Ilaix could stay for many years?
It helps, that's clear. I hope Ilaix never leaves and can be an example for the next generation at La Masia. I want kids who have doubts about staying to see Ilaix and choose to stay. It happened with Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Xavi, etc.I hope he can always stay at Bar?a.
https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...-on-barcelona-stars-contract-renewal-11577553

malvolio

Some say that siting on the bench of Juvenil A team is fantastic for young players development. :D I sincerely hope that during the next 12 months this will be his playing position.

With Busi getting old we only have 2 good midfielders (De Jong and Pedri). This idiot would have an opportunity of a lifetime to develop and earn unbelievable amount of money in the future. What a short-sighted moron.

tbf he could be just meh in the future. hasn't shown outstanding attributes and that's why we aren't willing to meet his demands. laporta wouldn't be acting high and mighty if he was yaya toure 2.0.

he might stay here and be a deulofeu kind of talent. that will eventually find his level at everton or wolves.

he could take the cash now from a big club. and then end up at everton, wolves etc.

or the thing that is less likely to happen - he stays and becomes yaya toure/pogba level talent.

Raketa10

Ilaix Moriba's dad: "With this dynamic, thanks to Koeman, I am 100 percent thinking of Barca. Why leave? At that age, taking the risk of going to another team when you have a coach that takes a chance on a kid from La Masia in a tough game like the Sevilla one... You have to appreciate that. Hardly anyone does it."

"I will never forget how La Masia has helped me. Separating from your son when he's seven is really hard. It was a tough moment for me. He was the smallest of them all. I sacrificed not being close to my son to prioritise his development. I am really grateful to Barca for how they have helped us."

:lol::lol: what a bullshiter.

Last edited:

Porque

Moriba's dad in the next couple of weeks: "I am really grateful to Chelsea and Tuchel. Ilax was always a big fan of this club. This is a dream come true!" :lol: :lol:

"Ilaix first words were Tuchel".

Anyways, if this Chelsea offer is true then it is a clear case of tapping up.

I guess Uefa wouldn't give a crap however given our relationship and how they are taking daily anal from the EPL club owners.

mc_lovin

I assume he wanted to leave for free next year though. It's a completely different ball game for Chelsea to actually pay a transfer fee (and offer good wages). Right now I guess Ilaix is on course to lose a year of development.

Andresito

Staff member
If he renews and stays, especially with Koeman's trust, he'll definitely be a candidate for Spain's squad for Qatar even if it demands a lot more frpm him than he's shown so far.

I guess and hope that's a big incentive to not rot on the bench for a full year.

Porque

I assume he wanted to leave for free next year though. It's a completely different ball game for Chelsea to actually pay a transfer fee (and offer good wages). Right now I guess Ilaix is on course to lose a year of development.

Yeah, but he is not legally allowed to negotiate with any club until he has 6 months left on the contract. Obviously this rule is broken all the time unless it can be proven, with agents having other players and all, who may be transfer listed or unattached.

If Chelsea made an official offer and Barcelona accepted then it is fair game.

Hopefully Ilaix clears his head and realises his best opportunities are here. But right now he has made the job much harder as Gavi and Nico are showing that they can be counted on in first team dynamics already.

I think I said before but Ilaix renewals have always given me shades of Mateu Morey and this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Home of Barca Fans