Ilaix Moriba

mc_lovin

His goal kind of dampened my expectations for Frenkie as our box to box midfielder, which is precisely what he lacks there. Maybe with Ilaix in the team Frenkie can revert back to a deeper build up role, which was his biggest strength in Amsterdam.

Hope we see a Pedri/Puig-Frenkie-Ilaix midfield this season, would be interesting.

vuji_31

That trio would be fire.

Like this kid. We need this kind of player with great PHY, and presence in team.

His tackling is really good.

3 cardio machines in midfield with great defensive abillty.

Ofc , plus their passing/drbbling abilty.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
He seemed a little nervous and played it safe most of the time, which is understandable since it was his first UCL game. Although sort of annoyed me a little bit when he was playing it a bit too safe... Yeah we needed 3 goals in 15 minutes and most of the team gave up after Messi missed the penalty but thought a highly rated 18 year old with all the energy in the world would be eager to create something in the 15 minutes left before we are out of the competition. Just a thought.

Bobo32

He seemed a little nervous and played it safe most of the time, which is understandable since it was his first UCL game. Although sort of annoyed me a little bit when he was playing it a bit too safe... Yeah we needed 3 goals in 15 minutes and most of the team gave up after Messi missed the penalty but thought a highly rated 18 year old with all the energy in the world would be eager to create something in the 15 minutes left before we are out of the competition. Just a thought.

It was a strange situation to enter in, but I was struck by his lack of positioning, got deep to get the ball right in between two team mates, and then passed right back. Totally thoughtless, I thougt.
He made one good throughball, and he showed he can use his body when he won back the ball after having lost it just before because of a lack of awareness. He obviously has some qualities, but I still don't think he will be one to build around for Barcelona. Can be a complementary player, or preferrably one who brings a lot of money from a transfer pretty soon.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
It was a strange situation to enter in, but I was struck by his lack of positioning, got deep to get the ball right in between two team mates, and then passed right back. Totally thoughtless, I thougt.
He made one good throughball, and he showed he can use his body when he won back the ball after having lost it just before because of a lack of awareness. He obviously has some qualities, but I still don't think he will be one to build around for Barcelona. Can be a complementary player, or preferrably one who brings a lot of money from a transfer pretty soon.

I completely disagree. I've seen his qualities, and some are very high for his age. He just wasn't showing them much. I personally think he was following what Koeman yold him to do, to make quick basic passes. I think he'll be in starting 11 in a couple years if he follows path properly.

vegitot

He may go but only after Puig though.

Porque

This has gone under the radar, apparantly Ilaix is no longer represented by Jonathan Harnett of Stellar. He is now being represented by his dad.

There's only two ways that this could go now.

IMG_20160917_095542.jpg

or

PAY-Neymar-and-his-dad-party-in-New-Yorks-Up-and-Down-Nightclub-until-4am.jpg

xXKonan

To be fair his dad was interviewed earlier and said this.

Mamady Moriba (father Ilaix): "Ilaix' goal? I was in shock. I couldn't get up. All the children were running around the room and I stood still. There was so much madness that even my nephew began to cry." [sport]

Mamady: "There were things I never imagined. It was the dream of our whole family. Ilaix has fulfilled it."

Mamady: "If it weren't for Koeman, some of these young players wouldn't be in the first team. We're very grateful to him."

Mamady: "Renewing? With this dynamic, thanks to Koeman, I'm one hundred percent thinking about Bar?a. Why leave? At that age, risking to go to another team when you have a coach who in a complicated game against Sevilla, bets on the boy from La Masia. That has to be valued."

Mamady: "The president is the most important person in the club. I hope we have luck with him. It helps a lot to have a president who likes the youth academy."

Mamady: "Messi? Ilaix explained to me that Leo is a spectacular person. To get to know him well you have to be with him every day. He's a very good person. The best in the world jokes with my son. It's any parent's dream and I have no words, I thank him very much."

Mamady: "Missed his debut? When he plays I get so nervous that I go to the street. I can't see it. I suffer a lot. against Cornell? I didn't see him, but against Alav?s I did. I liked his game but he had a failure that cost a goal. I called him to encourage him."

Home of Barca Fans