Dani Olmo

Riordon

Depends on how much money we can get from Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho, Umtiti, Semedo and probably Dembele.

We're unlikely to be able to sign two CBs and midfielders, but we need at least one of each. We're probably signing Neymar next summer.

Know we won’t sign two CB’s nor two midfielders same summer. This means that we will see Pique or Lenglet as starters another season which isn’t ideal.

Btw, regarding Olmo I like him a lot. If Alena don’t make and leave which I believe is the most likely at this point, he can be part of this squad. Contract running out next summer...And can cover mutiple positions but practically impossible to go for Konaté, Ruiz, Olmo and Neymar same summer

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Know we won’t sign two CB’s nor two midfielders same summer. This means that we will see Pique or Lenglet as starters another season which isn’t ideal.

Btw, regarding Olmo I like him a lot. If Alena don’t make and leave which I believe is the most likely at this point, he can be part of this squad. Contract running out next summer...And can cover mutiple positions but practically impossible to go for Konaté, Ruiz, Olmo and Neymar same summer

I wouldn't say it's impossible. Highly unlikely? Yeah, but that's because we're most likely going to half-ass the CB signing by going for another slow Sevilla CB.

Like I said it depends on if we sell well. The players I mentioned there, that's a lot of salary mass going out. If we can balance that by offering less to the players coming in, apart from Neymar, it's definitely possible.

I like Alena, but I don't think he'll ever be a starter. Should probably go on a loan next season to see if he can develop better somewhere where he can play regularly. I actually think we should loan more players to the Bundesliga like Real Madrid have done. Either that or a well-run Dutch club. Seem to be very good at developing young talent.

Honestly, Neymar, Konaté, Ruiz, Olmo and someone like Oliver Giroud on a Free Transfer on a two year contract would pretty much be a home run for me. If you can add a RB like Youcef Atal or someone like that, even better.

Very FIFA Career Mode or Football Manager-esque from me, but those transfers with a new coach would completely reinvent this squad from being one of the oldest in Europe to a much younger one with a lot of quality.

Riordon

Honestly, Neymar, Konaté, Ruiz, Olmo and someone like Oliver Giroud on a Free Transfer on a two year contract would pretty much be a home run for me. If you can add a RB like Youcef Atal or someone like that, even better.

That would be a fantastic summer. IMO we could go for someone like Oyarzabal instead of Neymar to make it more affordable. I’m a big fan and Pep is too. I’m of fan of the Neymar transfer if that’s the only way to get rid of Coutinho and or Neymar.
Let’s hope news about Konaté and Ruiz news pop up soon, so we can get an idea of their price. And the faster we close the Olmo deal, the better. He isn’t as hyped right now as De Jong or Ndombele was but a nice CL run may change that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Is he really that good? I have always seen him as a Deulofeu level of a player.

Might be the biggest talent to come out of Croatian league, even more impressive than Modric was at the time.

I always say at Barca, La Masia >> market. We spent so much time pursuing an unrealistic/unnecessary target in Neymar when the team is so clearly lacking wingers that it boggles the mind we didn't bring Olmo back at a bargain fee considering the market

Andresito

Staff member
Market value is sky rocketing, it's at 30M now. He'll have one year left of his contract next summer so that might bring the price down.

Riordon

Tottenham apparently agreed a 25m fee this summer but didn’t pay in the end. If we act fact we might be able to get him for 30-40m but if he have an impressive CL run, then it’s a 60-70m transfer IMO. Highly versatile player who can play CM, CAM and on the wings.

Gaudi

I wasn't sure, you can find my post here, but he improves every time, he suprised me as well.
Also he is miles ahead of Deulo on IQ, he has vision, quick thinking, knows when to shoot when to pass.
Currently, he is Barca material, if he can improve even more he would be a starter, so now Barca must decide, if he played in stronger league his price would be twice as big.

BBZ8800

His price jumped from 3,5M Euros to 30M Euros in the last 18 Months.
He is a La Masia kid who came to Croatia as a part of Halilovic's deal.
In his case, a sale/loan worked awesome. If he stayed at Barca B, who knows how would he develop in the meantime.
This way, he played all the time in a 1st division, he played Uefa Cup every season against decent European teams and now he will play a CL against the best teams.

He has Xavi's little turns and shielding of a ball, plus he has a natural gift for dribbles, key passes and shots in the box.
I would call him something like Xavi in the box who is dribbling and scoring.

He isn't too fast, but he can dribble, and he is still faster than let's say Busi, Raki, Arthur.
You'll see more of his midfield movement, dribbles and passes here:

In this video there are goals:

mc_lovin

I dont want to spoil anything, but he looks hectic as hell on the ball. No calmness. When its working it looks good, but I dont know if thats sustainable.

Home of Barca Fans