Copa 22/23

Andresito

Staff member
What if two teams (eg. Barca, Madrid) finish first and second in both competitions?
Will 3rd and 4th placed teams compete in the Supercopa?

Imagine going out in the first round of the cup and finish 4th in the league but still end up as the Supercopa winner. Weird.

El Gato

Villarato!
Very bad news, super cup is meaningless and 1 game is already more than enough.

Isn't that the point? Give people reason to care about it other than whenever it's a Clasico and a shred of honour is at stake.

The big thumbsup for this is it being abroad. If this means they abandon the daft idea of holding a league game abroad then I'm all for it, it's how it should have been in the first place. Stick it in the Americas, Asia or across eastern Europe wherever the supporter pool is large enough to fill a stadium. Even if it's a revamped Audi Cup/CWC, at least fans abroad get to see most of their favourites play since it would have a Spanish tag on it.

khaled_a_d

Isn't that the point? Give people reason to care about it other than whenever it's a Clasico and a shred of honour is at stake.

The big thumbsup for this is it being abroad. If this means they abandon the daft idea of holding a league game abroad then I'm all for it, it's how it should have been in the first place. Stick it in the Americas, Asia or across eastern Europe wherever the supporter pool is large enough to fill a stadium. Even if it's a revamped Audi Cup/CWC, at least fans abroad get to see most of their favourites play since it would have a Spanish tag on it.

It was already made abroad last year

Messi983

Very bad news, super cup is meaningless and 1 game is already more than enough.

Well, we can always lose semifinal so it will be only 1 game. ;)

Or go out early in Copa and finish 6th in La Liga so we won't have to worry about Supercopa. :valverde2:

Personally I like the idea. Better playing competitive games vs Spanish teams than friendlies against MLS or Chinese Super league All Stars (though I'd like us to play against Paulinho :wub:).

khaled_a_d

What, Supercup?

I mean Rubiales in his statement supposedly spoke as if they came up with the idea to tackle against the prospect of that league game deal Tebas has done.

Yes the super cup, last one was played in Morocco and it was supposed to be 1st of many

Personally I like the idea. Better playing competitive games vs Spanish teams than friendlies against MLS or Chinese Super league All Stars (though I'd like us to play against Paulinho :wub:).

If they allow 5 or more subs to make it glorified friendly, then ok.
But this will be longer and just before the season. which means we can be playing in CHina or Argentina one week before Liga. by that time we are usually back in Europe.
And I doubt we will gain same financial benefits from it as this tours. Liga doesn't share the revenue of those games

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes the super cup, last one was played in Morocco and it was supposed to be 1st of many

Ah yes, I forgot about that, I thought it was a one-off of sorts!

Oh well, I mean if it's US on some permanent deal then it's something else though isn't it?

El Gato

Villarato!
I think it might be in either China or Qatar. Where the money is.

Rubiales seems more an idealist. He might concede one or two of them to big money players if they made a deal with Tebas to forego the idea of the league game, but I don't expect it to be another Audi Cup thing. The whole point of this is to promote Spanish competitions in a country where you'll be able to create a semi-new and stable TV deal akin to those Premier League enjoys.

FCBfan22

Rubiales seems more an idealist. He might concede one or two of them to big money players if they made a deal with Tebas to forego the idea of the league game, but I don't expect it to be another Audi Cup thing. The whole point of this is to promote Spanish competitions in a country where you'll be able to create a semi-new and stable TV deal akin to those Premier League enjoys.

China is the way to go then. I doubt the US would splash enough cash to convince them otherwise.

Home of Barca Fans