User Tag List

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Jadon Sancho

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    All teams should be wary of Bundesliga attacking talent in general, unless they play for Bayern Haaland seems to be an exception. Werner and Havertz looked like world-beaters in Bundesliga but very underwhelming for now at Chelsea. We know what is Werner's ceiling at this point, Havertz could improve if the CL final was any indication, and yet he has only 5 goals and 3 assists in 34 PL appearances for now, which is not good enough.

For me, Sancho never really passed the eye test. A slow winger with a low workrate - two things Barca especially should avoid like fire. PL doesn't suit his strengths, but I don't think he would do much better in La Liga either as he is physically weak and wouldn't be able to penetrate these physical low blocks. The suicidal high lines in Bundesliga with yolo gegenpressing from both teams on a pitch leave tons of space for attackers to exploit. Sancho can't really dribble past defenders who do not commit.

If he is indeed just acclimatizing to the PL and I'm wrong, so be it. But not a fan of his profile at all.
    It's early, but the style of teams with low concern for defending, makes the life of attackers a lot easier. Paco Alcacer looked like a world-beater in Dortmund until he got injured. Bundesliga is the forward's heaven so to speak.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bundesliga is a very easy and open league for anyone young and decent enough to dominate. Dortmund isn't scamming anyone as much as they got a good social media team to hype up these wonderkids. Always beware of Youtube wonderkids because they look that much better online.
    #QatarFC no more #NeyorBust Messi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ👑 ...we are continuing. Just not at FC Barcelona

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Sancho, Havertz or Werner looked world class ever.

Dembele looked like a genuine world class talent and so does Haaland.

Sancho and Havertz looked like interesting options with some potential to grow, but you can never be certain they fulfill it. Werner was never really rated in Germany. I believe Bayern passed up on the chance to sign him for 25M, with good reason.

Haaland looks like the real deal, Dembele looked like the real deal.

Havertz, Sancho, De Bruyne, Firmino etc all looked interesting but you never know how they develop. Clearly De Bruyne turned into a world beater since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olivis View Post

Sancho and Havertz looked like interesting options with some potential to grow, but you can never be certain they fulfill it. Werner was never really rated in Germany. I believe Bayern passed up on the chance to sign him for 25M, with good reason.

Havertz, Sancho, De Bruyne, Firmino etc all looked interesting but you never know how they develop. Clearly De Bruyne turned into a world beater since.
    I agree, Sancho, Werner and Havertz were never top class, just young players with potential, People expecting more than they have delivered can't have watched them too often. Sancho though, can become a good player for Utd if they play a more possession based game rather than the counter team they are, but they need a new coach for that.

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys writing of players at the beginning of their careers just because they have a tough start at their new club.
    And 2 of 3 players mentioned here have won the CL not so long ago. Havertz scored in the final and Werner was part of almost every goal in their CL run. Super weird comments.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana Bull View Post
    You guys writing of players at the beginning of their careers just because they have a tough start at their new club.
    And 2 of 3 players mentioned here have won the CL not so long ago. Havertz scored in the final and Werner was part of almost every goal in their CL run. Super weird comments.
    In my case, I'm not writing them off, I never rated them that much in the first place. Not surprised by what I'm seeing so far.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olivis View Post

I don't think Dembele ever looked better at Dortmund than Sancho did. Haaland we kind of already know is the real deal because he's still devastating in the Champions League. That said, it's not like Sancho hasn't scored against Bayern, Atletico, Barca etc. while at Dortmund too. I predict that Sancho will still come good, but only when United get a proper manager. The disorganised attacking structure at England and United has probably been a bit of a culture shock to him. He never seems to know what to do for either. He's being deployed as a wide forward, but his tributes are much more that of a playmaker than someone like Sterling or Rashford. Foden similarly has done next to nothing in a wide position for England.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Career going backwards at United.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateka View Post
    He is missing pace, a winger without pace is nothing. He needs a new role.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not exactly slow.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateka View Post
    Lets see how he does when United replace Ole, which should be fairly soon.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    He's not exactly slow.
    He is quite slow for a winger. Faster than CMs but not by much. Also quite weak.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same media that hyped him up are now lynchng him, guy is only 21 Sadge

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    The same media that hyped him up are now lynchng him, guy is only 21 Sadge
    Sadge?

Get off Twitter you great prune

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is more of an indictment on the bundesliga rather than just sancho himself