xXKonan

DluNS8cXsAA4Vrb.jpg

Full Name: Ronald Federico Araújo da Silva

Date of Birth:March 7, 1999

Place of Birth:Rivera, Uruguay

Height:1,88 m (6'2)

Position: Centre Back

Current Club: Club Atlético Boston River

According to reports in Uruguay, we have signed Ronald Araújo, for a fee around 5 Million euros which is a record sale for the Uruguayan club Club Atlético Boston River. He's a right footed CB and according to the Transfermarkt he also featured at DM as well.

He will play for the B team.

khaled_a_d

5M? That is some gamble especially considering that Bueno can be considered a failure now.
And can we some how get a talent from another content than SA? I mean Europeans, Africans and even carribean aren't considered foreigners yet we struggle a bit with the non-eu spots

That said, unlike Bueno he has played first division football there.

xXKonan

5M? That is some gamble especially considering that Bueno can be considered a failure now.
And can we some how get a talent from another content than SA? I mean Europeans, Africans and even carribean aren't considered foreigners yet we struggle a bit with the non-eu spots

I have a feeling the reason why we are always looking in South America is because of prices and we geared our scouting heavily towards it.

With Uruguay it's even cheaper apparently. From what a lot of fans who watch the Primera División, nearly every team can't afford to stick high prices on their young talent. Young talent who have a decent amount of experience sometimes are sold for even around 1-2 Million euros in Uruguay.

From what I read on reddit a lot of Uruguayan fans are shocked that River is even getting 5 Million for Ronald, it's a club record fee for them. In Brazil they have some leeway when selling talent but for places like Uruguay, Chile,Colombia and even Argentina to an extent they really can't take clubs to the cleaners.

BBZ8800

Teams from Africa (except from North Africa), usually aren't that good in tactics and I guess that you can't change/improve those players too much for a top European level, except for some rare exceptions.

Teams and players are far behind world class European level in terms of tactics, movement, positioning, discipline.

Regarding Europe, all teams have scouts in Europe and it is hard to find a cheap, hidden gem.

So, African players usually have some tactical problems.
Asian players are rarely on a World class level for Europe.
European kids are scouted by everyone.
And all that is left in terms of cheaper gems is South America, especially Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay who have good football schools, good talents, they are tactically good.

Further, after Mina and Marlon, it was easy to predict that we will repeat that recipe with buying good, young Cbs in every season and:
1. Either keep them, if they are world class
2. Or resell them to EPL rich teams

I hope that my post doesn't sound racist...

Last edited:

xXKonan

According to MD they have a quote from Roberto Perdomo who is the president of the Boston River saying that the figures will be less than what was reported in the Media, somewhere around 1.5 Million euros.

xXKonan

Going by what Veronica Brunati tweeted yesterday it seems we had a 5.5 Million euro bid rejected for Boca Juniors CB Leonardo Balerdi and we decided to move on and get Araujo.

Devils

Dude looks like a colossus. His hand is the size of Suarez's face.

The Uruguayan Titan has arrived at Barca.

:wow:

Last edited:

xXKonan

Curious to see if he can do what Bueno couldn't and that's get the trust of the coaches and play.

I'm not completely going to give up on Bueno yet but it seems that his time at the club could be coming to an end here soon. The difference between the two though is Ronald himself has played a lot more in the first division in Uruguay than Bueno who never did despite Bueno being a year older than Ronald.

Home of Barca Fans