4 - Ronald Araújo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I feel like it would be two too heavy guys, especially for Barca. I would like to have someone a bit taller and quicker/faster.

Araujo is quick. He just need someone to give instructions and lead the line alongside him.

de Ligt is like 1.89m bro :lol:

Porque

One of the few who came out of this game positively. Also, always a danger at set pieces. If he had watched his run slightly more, his goal would have counted.

Bobo32

I didn't like his handling of the ball in the buildup on a few occasions, as usual.
He won a few 1v1s in a pretty clear way, by letting them put the ball behind him and then using his body.
I don't know that he'll become a great defender for Barcelona, he has big flaws.

Richard.H

Great match, confident young fella. I have said previously that I have a lot of confidence in him and he's for me the most exciting young prospect we have. We should consider playing with Lenglet-Araujo-Mingueza at the back

mc_lovin

Shame Lenglet stole his header.

Hope for his sake that we revert back to a 433 next season. Hes good enough to start for us.

Hardy

Ronald Ara?jo is the Bar?a center back with the most clearances, highest percentage of duels won, the least dribbled past, and the least fouls committed per game.

xXKonan

Can't be stated enough that he's a far better defender than Mingueza is.

Mingueza does some Rambo shit that gets people hyped up but his style and current abilities he gets easily punished by faster and technical players like Carassco constantly. Araujo on the other hand far more stable and really hard to beat in 1v1 duels and he's far more physical and fast as well.

Richard.H

Can't be stated enough that he's a far better defender than Mingueza is.

Mingueza does some Rambo shit that gets people hyped up but his style and current abilities he gets easily punished by faster and technical players like Carassco constantly. Araujo on the other hand far more stable and really hard to beat in 1v1 duels and he's far more physical and fast as well.

You have to find a balance between the two. Mingueza, while a poor fundamental defender, takes risks and provides a great asset to the attack as seen for example his assist to Griezmann vs Villareal. Araujo is your natural fundamental defender. Excellent when you have a great cohesive mid that can help out attack a lot, which we currently don't. Both provide something that our team doesn't have currently

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn't we use it in classico?

We did. Araujo is much better on the right side in the back three or as a CB in 4-3-3.

He cannot be in the middle of a 3-man backline. Not good enough with the ball or the best communicator.

Home of Barca Fans