4 - Ronald Araújo

xXKonan

Ronald Ara?jo's contract renewal is not going to be as simple as that of Pedri or Ansu since several Premier League teams are interested in him. Liverpool sent emissaries to Barcelona at times to try to approach the player (via
@moillorens
)

He'll renew I bet, he has one of the lowest wages in the squad and I'm sure they will find a good middle ground.

Zidane82

Araujo's will be a difficult one for Barcelona. Barca hoped to renew Araujo for the next 5 seasons, but after the first conversations, the club understand that the Uruguayan's economic demands are higher than expected. Liverpool, Chelsea and United are interested. [espn]

ajnotkeith

I really hope we won't have another Ilaix case here.

Way different.

Araujo is a very talented player who consistently putting in great performances, Ilaix was unproven and was hyped because he scored a goal. Ilaix still can come good but Araujo is someone well regret losing if we don't renew him. He could easily go for 60m in the future with a big run of form and hype.

Raketa10

Way different.

Araujo is a very talented player who consistently putting in great performances, Ilaix was unproven and was hyped because he scored a goal. Ilaix still can come good but Araujo is someone well regret losing if we don't renew him. He could easily go for 60m in the future with a big run of form and hype.

I agree but he is also very injury prone player.

behindbrowneyes

I'm confident he'll stay, because he truly loves the club and gives everything for the shirt.

Of course there are other clubs interested in him. He is a mentality player with the heart of a lion and I can imagine Klopp is interested in him. Other clubs will be aware of his contractual situation and try to test waters with his agent. His extension might be more expensive than planned, but that's part of the game.

serghei

Why don't we open up talks and renew these players BEFORE they get exposure and draw attention from these fucking sugar daddy clubs? Find a way to extend him for not a lot of money. He's still unproven IMO, despite his raw qualities. Also question marks regarding his injury record.

xXKonan

He's on the same contract we gave him when he first joined the B team back in 2018, and effectively he's making Peanuts in comparison to many players on the first team.

We'll see what happens, I don't think he will give us that many issues in trying to renew.

Home of Barca Fans