4 - Ronald Araújo

mc_lovin

I stopped watching at half time 3-0. noticed all 3 were conceded after eric garcia went off and he came on.

Was he really bad?

Don't think so. Not bad, not great. Biggest problem for me was our front line again, the team fell apart from there. It shows that you lose every structure you had when you sub in random B players against first division teams. Not that we had an alternative. Puig didn't help either. Lenglet/Stegen/Busquets/Alba(!!!) were comical though.

On an unrelated note, your profile picture looks like a black cat from a distance :S Not the best omen.

JamDav1982

He want not really involved in any of the goals but he adds to pressure from opposition when struggles to pass out from the back.

If there was a decent market for him would renew then look to sell into EPL and go big on more established CBs that can pass ball.. Kounde, MDL etc if at all available.

khaled_a_d

His passing is a problem at times, but I don't think it was the issue yesterday.
Team didn't have outlets yesterday in 2nd half, Balde has no positional awareness as LW, same with Gavi in same position (both put up fight) and Abde is just Barca B back up winger who is 2 years away from being ready to 1st team football.
The Oscar and Alba, sigh. To add that to the disaster of show Depay and Busquets had, along Puig replacing Nico.
It was just horror show.
Araujo was our best defender in 2nd half too. Almost saved MATS fuck up

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He want not really involved in any of the goals but he adds to pressure from opposition when struggles to pass out from the back.

If there was a decent market for him would renew then look to sell into EPL and go big on more established CBs that can pass ball.. Kounde, MDL etc if at all available.

That's where Busquets needs to pick up the ball from, the CBs first priority should be defending, being a great passer is a bonus.

Birdy

His passing should not be a problem if the other CB is a good passer, and the DM is a good passer

JamDav1982

That's where Busquets needs to pick up the ball from, the CBs first priority should be defending, being a great passer is a bonus.

Dont agree at all.

Defenders these days have to be very good on the ball as pressing from front is a part that virtually all top teams will try and do.

Being good on ball is key and not just a bonus.

VVD is one of best in world on the ball the way can spray it about. You are miles off on that one as well.

cro-man

Passing isnt his main problem. Its his positioning. Its beyond awfull and i am not sure he will ever improve on this. Its something every defender needs on this lv. It was shocking how many big holes there were when we subbed him in. He is strong has a decent speed and his attitude is great but everything else is awfull. Him and lenglet should never play together.

serghei

I'd sell as the stock is high. Similar Yerry Mina sale to EPL.

Only impressive things about him are his attitude and his stature. Technique, game intelligence, way subpar. Not desperate to sell, but if we have a good offer we should do it.

Last edited:

Rory

I'd sell as the stock is high. Similar Yerry Mina sale to EPL.

Only impressive things about him are his attitude and his stature. Technique, game intelligence, way subpar. Not desperate to sell, but if we have a good offer we should do it.

Possibly the only defender we have who isn't a crybaby apart from Mingueza who severely lacks quality. Aerially one of the most dominant cb's we've had. He just isn't a technical player. Neither was Puyol.

cro-man

Possibly the only defender we have who isn't a crybaby apart from Mingueza who severely lacks quality. Aerially one of the most dominant cb's we've had. He just isn't a technical player. Neither was Puyol.

When a player doesnt know how to position himself to catch up even the easiest pass than its not just about technique. There is a good reason why barely plays for his nt. I think he is just on the bench because he plays for us otherwise he wouldnt make even the bench there.

JamDav1982

Puyol was far better on ball than Araujo currently is.

Home of Barca Fans