4 - Ronald Araújo

vegitot

The possibility of a pass failing to meet its destination. Xavi often had that in mind but managed such numbers of through balls and chances created due to exquisite creativity. Basically, that's Xavi pushing the brake pedal, his cost benefit analysis.

Through ball is a pass splitting the defence for a team-mate to run on to. The highest quality/hardest of a pass you can expect from a passer. Xavi was so good that Bobo32 think it is normal pass and Xavi played no risk or less creative than Puig or Arthur.

Joan

Through ball is a pass splitting the defence for a team-mate to run on to. The highest quality/hardest of a pass you can expect from a passer. Xavi was so good that Bobo32 think it is normal pass and Xavi played no risk or less creative than Puig or Arthur.

I actually agree so no point debating.

But from what I'm seeing, Bobo claims Xavi would weigh the risks (say pass A has 0,4 chances of failing, and pass B 0,55). He might try the former, but the latter would be a tad too much for him. That line was maybe lower for Xavi than other playmakers in a sense he wouldn't try every pass he saw.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, though.

vegitot

I actually agree so no point debating.

But from what I'm seeing, Bobo claims Xavi would weigh the risks (say pass A has 0,4 chances of failing, and pass B 0,55). He might try the former, but the latter would be a tad too much for him. That line was maybe lower for Xavi than other playmakers in a sense he wouldn't try every pass he saw.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, though.

Every good passer will play a pass that they think it is a better option.

And how Arthur play more risk passes is just ridiculous.

Bobo32

Same. Warrior spirit. Haven’t had that for a while at the back...

I remember what Roberto Carlos said once - "if you smash your hand in the table, the only thing that happens is your hand will get hurt"
This was when he was older though, and Madrid was starting to lose and so on...
Maybe this kind of thing is good for Barcelona right now, but what's most important is that they don't let injured players play prematurely. I think his actions before that goal was also because he wasn't ready yet, because that was bad defending.

Richard.H

HUGE absence. He is a rock at the back. You just can't rely on Lenglet, especially in pressure situations. If Araujo was fit I would've said we have a decent shot at taking ATM and RM to last match day for La Liga, but without him there's very little chance. The pressure will increase for Barca as the league nears its end.

Home of Barca Fans