4 - Ronald Araújo

KingLeo10

Bobo32 never said Puig was top.3 by the way. I mentioned him being a top. 5 midfielder in the world already and I stand by it. Busquets is still the best DM in the world for the way I want Barcelona to play.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You know how doctors have a 0-10 pain scale? Think they should replace 10 on the dementia scale with Bobo32.

Bobo32

I mean, this lad claimed in one thread that Xavi's forward passing was so predictable/simple that he could see it before Xavi made them.

In reality, this lad probably struggles with 10th grade maths.

:lol::lol:
Test me with a couple of stills or prematurely stopped gifs, then. During his Barcelona years, at least after Rijkaard, Xavi rarely played a surprising pass. Of course you can find them over 7-8 seasons, but they are pretty few. He played the correct pass, and since I streamed most of the games from my computer, I often followed the ball with my pointer. He was very predictable both in his movement and in his decisions with the ball.

KingLeo10

Test me with a couple of stills or prematurely stopped gifs, then. During his Barcelona years, at least after Rijkaard, Xavi rarely played a surprising pass. Of course you can find them over 7-8 seasons, but they are pretty few. He played the correct pass, and since I streamed most of the games from my computer, I often followed the ball with my pointer. He was very predictable both in his movement and in his decisions with the ball.

Yes. If only the likes of Scholes, Xabi Alonso, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Ferdinand, Vidic, Ramos, Pepe and all the other great midfielders and defenders that Xavi came up against and dominated were as keen sighted as you, then Xavi would have achieved as much as Puig currently has. If only.

Vilarrubi

Am I getting this right... you follow the ball with your mouse when watching football on computers? :lol: :lol:

KingLeo10

Am I getting this right... you follow the ball with your mouse when watching football on computers? :lol: :lol:

Such a clown that he doesn't even realize the entire field is rarely, if ever, visible on the screen.

No wonder he likes sidepass maestro Busquets. He can jerk that "mouse" up and down the screen to follow those 3 m side passes.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bobo32

Yes. If only the likes of Scholes, Xabi Alonso, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Ferdinand, Vidic, Ramos, Pepe and all the other great midfielders and defenders that Xavi came up against and dominated were as keen sighted as you, then Xavi would have achieved as much as Puig currently has. If only.

Football is simple, but there is nothing harder than playing simple football
Xavi mostly had the right position, the right movement around him, and the right vision and timing to know when and where to play the pass. Most importantly, he had the trust, and the patience, to play 10 or 20 passes backwards or to the side before he found one breaking the lines. As Cruyff said about Xavi: "Xavi knew he had to pass to a full-back, when to hold back. Only few people see that. It's difficult to explain because, nobody understands."
As a viewer on television or on the stadium, it is much more easy to see this than on the pitch. On TV, you should be able to see it.

Well this is a thread about Araujo. Abidal was not a great technical or intelligent player when he arrived. Pep got him into a role where he could play calmly and brilliantly, he looked almost as the player who was most secure on the ball. I can see Araujo getting there as well, with the right guidance. Just limit his options and have the right players around him, as mentioned before.
So far, he is not really predictable or good on the ball.

Rory

BBZ at least have put some thought behind his opinions, so I understand that I could be mistaken for him.

No the similarity is that you say things with conviction without evidence. Then when given evidence supporting an opposing view you just come out with something like "You just don't get it" or some answer like "I've watched them for a decade" as if most people here haven't also done that.

If you could actually explain why Araujo's mistakes this season have been as bad/worse than Pique/Lenglet or why busquets is much more preferable as the cdm, then fine but you don't. Another classic bbz move. State opinion, get replies countering said opinion, then ignore most details of the reply focusing on one small part of it to debate. yawwwn seen it before byeeee

Joan

If one could've predicted all of Xavi's passes, he wouldn't have been much better than Arthur.

And we all know Xavi wasn't a fraud. Even malvolio might agree. :coffee:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Is this some social experiment that you need for your thesis?

Bobo " I follow the ball with my mouse pointer" 32

Bobo32

No the similarity is that you say things with conviction without evidence. Then when given evidence supporting an opposing view you just come out with something like "You just don't get it" or some answer like "I've watched them for a decade" as if most people here haven't also done that.

If you could actually explain why Araujo's mistakes this season have been as bad/worse than Pique/Lenglet or why busquets is much more preferable as the cdm, then fine but you don't. Another classic bbz move. State opinion, get replies countering said opinion, then ignore most details of the reply focusing on one small part of it to debate. yawwwn seen it before byeeee

I think it is clear that this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUi-PA83PTk
Is a very obvious mistake, maybe clearer than anything Lenglet did?
My point was never that Araujo made more or worse mistakes than the other two, but that had Pique or Lenglet made a mistake like that, there would be more moaning. The posts before mine were treating him like a faultless saviour. And I am sure there was at least one more obvious mistake of a similar kind that Araujo made more recently, but I don't think it lead to a goal.
I have argued a lot about Busquets, I am not sure what more you want me to say on that?

I think the problem is that some of you misread my posts a lot. It's constantly misunderstandings, which I think stems from seeing the world in black/white, bad/good. I see it a bit similarly in what I want, i.e intelligent players with good movement and technique, but I think I am more nuanced in how I judge players still.
I say Xavi is the greatest midfielder of all time, I also say he didn't play with a lot of unpredictability.
I wrote that Puig is a top 5 midfielder, but I have probably pointed out particular problems in his game as much as most of you, in my posts.

Bobo32

Is this some social experiment that you need for your thesis?

Bobo " I follow the ball with my mouse pointer" 32
:rockon:
Well nowadays I am mostly predicting the games in match threads on this site, instead.

I don't know how you watch games, what your eyes see, but even without the pointer, I look for the empty spaces, the movements, and predict where I want the ball to go.

Home of Barca Fans