4 - Ronald Araújo

Rory

No doubt if Pique played against Inaki that game when he scored one and assisted another, right in front of the RCB position, Pique would be blamed for that.
I think he made at least two very obvious mistakes with the ball this season, leading to 1v1s, no?

Is that more mistakes than Pique and Lenglet or less mistakes?

You're ignoring the point about one being a youngster and the others being seasoned experienced players.

On top of all of that Araujo brings certain traits to the team at CB the other two don't have.

Bobo32

Is that more mistakes than Pique and Lenglet or less mistakes?

You're ignoring the point about one being a youngster and the others being seasoned experienced players.

On top of all of that Araujo brings certain traits to the team at CB the other two don't have.

Not more than Lenglet, but I'd say even more obvious...
I am not ignoring it, but I don't think it's any excuse. I have a very high tolerance on individual mistakes though, if the intention is correct.
Araujo surely brings some things, but he also lack other things. I am not decided on him yet. I think he is playing VERY safely with the ball, meaning Barcelona can't build up like I want them to, and STILL he lose the ball like he did.
Maybe that part of his game can become better. Pimiento said they worked a lot on it, surely he needs to work a lot more.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You are such a clown dude.

While Araujo hasn?t been perfect he has been our best defender by a mile. Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of the season.

Easily one of the most pretentious and deluded posters around here, and that's a big achievement with some of the individuals we have here :lol:

Porque

No doubt if Pique played against Inaki that game when he scored one and assisted another, right in front of the RCB position, Pique would be blamed for that.
I think he made at least two very obvious mistakes with the ball this season, leading to 1v1s, no?

I think your being controversial for the sake of being controversial on this matter.

Our best CB option right now to build a partnership between Pique and Araujo. If it works then we can potentially use that for another season.

I share your concerns with him on the ball though. He's playing overly safe and you can imagine a manager like Pep would focus the press on him.

He does have good mid to long range passing that he has shied away with since his mistake though.

But If he is surrounded by a good passing triangle in Dest/Roberto, Stegen, Pique and Busquets then we can work around his on the ball limitations.

He seems to panic under pressure on the ball at times too. These are things that hard work and experience at the top level brings.

And I also think that Busquets and Pique can benefit on the ball by having the assurance of fast one-on-one defenders in Dest, Araujo (,especially) and Alba across the back line.

We have struggled the most on the ball when Araujo has had Mingueza either on the left or right of him. Another player who is fine on the ball when padded with strong passing options but not reliable to build up as a main ball playing defender.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Araujo surely brings some things, but he also lack other things. I am not decided on him yet. I think he is playing VERY safely with the ball, meaning Barcelona can't build up like I want them to, and STILL he lose the ball like he did.
Maybe that part of his game can become better. Pimiento said they worked a lot on it, surely he needs to work a lot more.

But yet you were raving about Pique's passing percentage against PSG

P6hV1zW.jpg

That build-up passing from Pique :worthy: :worthy:

Rory

Not more than Lenglet, but I'd say even more obvious...
I am not ignoring it, but I don't think it's any excuse. I have a very high tolerance on individual mistakes though, if the intention is correct.

Don't like putting words in the mouths of other posters but the way you answered that suggests you think Araujo has made a similar amount of mistakes to Lenglet and more than Pique?

I didn't give Araujo an excuse I was saying that even with his young age he's made less mistakes than those two. The last 2 seasons have shown Pique and Lenglet to not be the quality we need. So giving Araujo who has so far proved to be a bit above their level in defence this season the starting cb role makes sense.

Yes there's lots to his game to improve on the ball. however he wins most aerial duels, he's fast, he has determination, he's even quite good at attacking the ball in the box for a goal.

The list of things Pique and Lenglet are good at vs bad at is a long list of things that shouldn't be associated with a top level CB.

Bobo32

I think your being controversial for the sake of being controversial on this matter.

Our best CB option right now to build a partnership between Pique and Araujo. If it works then we can potentially use that for another season.

I share your concerns with him on the ball though. He's playing overly safe and you can imagine a manager like Pep would focus the press on him.

He does have good mid to long range passing that he has shied away with since his mistake though.

But If he is surrounded by a good passing triangle in Dest/Roberto, Stegen, Pique and Busquets then we can work around his on the ball limitations.

He seems to panic under pressure on the ball at times too. These are things that hard work and experience at the top level brings.

And I also think that Busquets and Pique can benefit on the ball by having the assurance of fast one-on-one defenders in Dest, Araujo (,especially) and Alba across the back line.

We have struggled the most on the ball when Araujo has had Mingueza either on the left or right of him. Another player who is fine on the ball when padded with strong passing options but not reliable to build up as a main ball playing defender.
No I am not, and I agree with most of what you are saying in your post.
I just find it a bit flat to just say that Araujo is our best defender and leave it at that. These things, that you are aware of, still exists. Some users close their eyes for them, and even for the more obvious game-changing mistakes he has made. He can still be the best alternative for Barcelona, but it's silly to call someone a clown for pointing out that there are weaknesses in his game and that there is a bit of blind hype around him.
But yet you were raving about Pique's passing percentage against PSG

P6hV1zW.jpg

That build-up passing from Pique :worthy: :worthy:
What strikes me most about that picture is Pedri+Griezmann being in the same spot, and FdJ and Busi also being in the same spot.
I was not raving about anything. With 100% correct passing, your passing can hardly be a big problem. For at least half the game, just keeping the ball was very positive for Barcelona.
Was Frenkie or Pedri free all the time? I didn't see it on TV, so I don't blame Pique for not seeing it...

Catta

Blind hype :lol:

Rich coming from a guy seeing no faults in Puig, and calling him a top 3 midfielder in the world.

Bobo32

BBZ at least have put some thought behind his opinions, so I understand that I could be mistaken for him. Or maybe the similarity lies in that he has a pretty coherent vision of what he wants. You see it as trolling, but that is just because if you have some vision that is at least in part your own, then you will have opinions going against the current trend, you will not be swayed by the form of some player.
I was reading some pages in the beginning of Alenas thread yesterday though, and saw BBZ surprisingly very positive towards him there... What a contrast reading the first pages of that thread compared to the last pages! I reckon it might very well be the same with this thread in a few years...

Bobo32 never said Puig was top.3 by the way. I mentioned him being a top. 5 midfielder in the world already and I stand by it. Busquets is still the best DM in the world for the way I want Barcelona to play. I never compared Lenglet and Araujo, I was making a comment about your reaction to the mistakes of different players. The ones you are tired of you will blame for anything, the ones you are still positive towards are excused for anything.

KingLeo10

Easily one of the most pretentious and deluded posters around here, and that's a big achievement with some of the individuals we have here :lol:

I mean, this lad claimed in one thread that Xavi's forward passing was so predictable/simple that he could see it before Xavi made them.

In reality, this lad probably struggles with 10th grade maths.

:lol::lol:

Home of Barca Fans