4 - Ronald Araújo

iniestaGOAT

No, because he is good at changing Busis diapers.

You need to stop getting emotional over it

Araujo needs to improve a lot. I am the biggest araujo fan in here but the last pre season game be scared.

Keep him far away from the starting line up. Pique and Eric aren't the starters anymore.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Araujo needs to improve a lot. I am the biggest araujo fan in here but the last pre season game be scared.

Keep him far away from the starting line up. Pique and Eric aren't the starters anymore.

He's going to be the starting CB along with Kounde and rightly so.

Cope.

Gnidrologist

I'm not emotional about this in the slightest, neither am i joking. His defensive dominance is what effectively mitigated Barca from being caught pants down a lot of times after Busquets was nowhere to be seen in the role of defensive midfielder. His mediocre ball playing in no way overshadows that. It's like suggesting that Puyol should've been kept out of starting lineup for Motta or Oleguer.

JohnN

It's a matter of using your best pieces at a specific task to complete an objective, not using mediocre pieces in several parts to accommodate a specific playing style, despite of their weaknesses.
Araujo has strengths the team needs.

iniestaGOAT

I'm not emotional about this in the slightest, neither am i joking. His defensive dominance is what effectively mitigated Barca from being caught pants down a lot of times after Busquets was nowhere to be seen in the role of defensive midfielder. His mediocre ball playing in no way overshadows that. It's like suggesting that Puyol should've been kept out of starting lineup for Motta or Oleguer.

Busquets has nothing to do with this. Kounde and Christensen were not here last season so what araujo did last season does not matter.

If he is better than them both he will start. But I doubt he is better than them.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi implies that he is a bad ball-playing CB after he played a bad game at fullback. Weird stuff.. Araujo should play at RB only vs Mbappe and Vinicius. Maybe also the likes of Mane, Son and Foden. But yeah, there only 3-5 games in a season we'll need him at RB

JohnN

Xavi implies that he is a bad ball-playing CB after he played a bad game at fullback. Weird stuff.. Araujo should play at RB only vs Mbappe and Vinicius. Maybe also the likes of Mane, Son and Foden. But yeah, there only 3-5 games in a season we'll need him at RB

But if he can play against the best at rb, shouldn't that be where he plays always? We already have an attacking left back, so it kind of makes sense. Although his ball playing is not good enough.

Porque

Araujo problem has the better fundamentals to deal 1on1 with Vini from the RB. No qualms with him being there on a per opponent basis as we have decent depth in the CB now.

Home of Barca Fans