Eder Militao

serghei

I honestly expected a terrible week when both Varane and Ramos couldnt play, not helped by the fact that Militao hadn't exactly been convincing up to this point, but he really stepped up to the task.

I have underestimated him.

He is a good player, but I think Zidane's defensive organization is among the best in the world, that's the part that is underrated the most about his managerial attributes. He and Simeone know how to set up a defense very well. But, contrary to Simeone, Zidane is pretty good in the offensive area too.

Barcilliant

At Real Madrid they never forget that a defenders job is to defend not be some ball player. Our club is just fucked.

El Gato

Villarato!
Barella is a moron going after him

These altar boi Italians are so easy to wind up too. Head as cool and collected as Verratti :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Speaking of Verratti lol...

It's kinda gotten to the point where difficult to praise anybody, but thought he had a good game
I like Mili, but feels like Alaba is positioning him a lot. He's got everything in terms of everything but that leader sense yet, he can run, he can header the ball well on D and O, he has the 'i aint no bitch' attitude that CBs need. If he can start bearing more responsibility with time he'll be a top3 CB easy. Up in the air with how many spats he gets into on the field but he's a great talent and very very good quality defender. Varane only has 3-4 years on him so find it difficult they'll have similar arc where Rafa played next to a more assertive leader for upwards of 6 years. See how things go

El Gato

Villarato!
Another reason to pay the asking price for Kounde this summer IMO
Even if used at RB more often next season we should bag him and let Nacho take backseat. I like the guy but not sure if he isn't better as the utility player

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't see you guys paying 70m for Kounde but then again you signed Ramos for an unprecedented deal back in like 2004.

Morten

Don't see you guys paying 70m for Kounde but then again you signed Ramos for an unprecedented deal back in like 2004.

I don't see whats so outrageous with 70m for Kounde, its a lot to be sure, but if Lukaku is 100, if Maguire is 80, why not?

mc_lovin

Don't see Real going for Kounde... he doesn't look like the best fit for Alaba, and both are too good for a bench role. They could form a wicked three men back line though as wide CBs.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't see Real going for Kounde... he doesn't look like the best fit for Alaba, and both are too good for a bench role. They could form a wicked three men back line though as wide CBs.

That or Alaba to LB
Either way the situation with RB and 3rd+4th CB options aren't as good as can be and other than 2nd DM are probably highest priority.
Not much out on market so might have to settle for best of worst
Or wait and see if the 19-year old Vini2 surprises people

Home of Barca Fans