Votes: 9 11.7%
  • 35-40

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • 40 and above

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard.H

Forums are somewhat of an old internet thing so most forums on the internet will be occupied by youngest around 25. A video game forum I frequent has mostly 40 year olds.

Nowadays newer generations only talk on reddit (which I hate the layout of), discord (don't like that either), and your social media apps (FB, IG, Tiktok, Snap, etc.). It's fascinating studying this from a sociology perspective. I believe the younger generations also just socialize (IRL) way differently than most of us millennials. I think there actually might be more difference from millennial to gen Z than from millennial to gen x and boomer. Crazy.

We are part of internet history dawgs!

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Forums are somewhat of an old internet thing so most forums on the internet will be occupied by youngest around 25. A video game forum I frequent has mostly 40 year olds.

Nowadays newer generations only talk on reddit (which I hate the layout of), discord (don't like that either), and your social media apps (FB, IG, Tiktok, Snap, etc.). It's fascinating studying this from a sociology perspective. I believe the younger generations also just socialize (IRL) way differently than most of us millennials. I think there actually might be more difference from millennial to gen Z than from millennial to gen x and boomer. Crazy.

We are part of internet history dawgs!

True, forums are past it, although I would say specialized forums are still alive to some extent and would probably survive but on small scale. Each team usually has its own active (sort of) forum, you will find here and there forums that are active in certain sport (realgm in basketball for example)
Forum were at its peak in the 2nd half of the 1st decade in this century, there were a rise in internet users worldwide and and FB didn't take over the world like now.
Ironically, half of my friends atm were folks I met through local football forum.

btw, I don't think you mentioned your age in this thread :p

Windhook

Oh, wow! There is still Myspace? I had a profile there, but can't remember what was my Yahoo email address.:lol: I've been using 3-4 passwords for the last 20 years.

Also been dealing with androgenetic alopecia (common form of hair loss) since the age of 21. It was a huge blow on my self-esteem back then, but 14 years later I rarely think of it, just keeping short hair and noticed after few conversations, people focus more on your personality, not the looks.

BarcaOG

Banned
Oh, wow! There is still Myspace? I had a profile there, but can't remember what was my Yahoo email address.:lol: I've been using 3-4 passwords for the last 20 years.

Also been dealing with androgenetic alopecia (common form of hair loss) since the age of 21. It was a huge blow on my self-esteem back then, but 14 years later I rarely think of it, just keeping short hair and noticed after few conversations, people focus more on your personality, not the looks.

yahoo mail :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Do you know the website hairlosstalk? :blush:

Home of Barca Fans