Neymar Jr.

SmilerBam

Dont remember much of Ronaldinho on a regular basis but for me they?re similar who have achieved similar things. Biggest difference I can think of is Ronaldinho almost thrived off the challenges players made, he could mix it physically. Neymar looks for those players to buy a foul from/exaggerate to get them sent off. Maybe I?m wrong because I don?t remember much of Ronaldinho though but I think he was the embodiment of that first love of football you get as a child. Hard to prefer anyone over him

Ronaldinho was twice the player Neymar is. He is superior in every way possible apart from finishing.

SmilerBam

It's easy to let nostalgia hide a players faults.
Ronaldinho came and changed the club, by bringing joy and optimism to everyone that watched any game he played for the first one or two years. He turned the club around on his own like no other player ever did. He did unbelievable things, but he was also pretty shit when he didn't have his day, especially the later Barcelona years he got too easily marked and couldn't find another solution than moaning and winning a free kick most of the time. He was still too heavily criticized those late years, and even then he decided a lot of games on his own.

Neymar is closer to Robinho (who is a bit underrated) than to Ronaldinho (who is a bit overrated) in class. I think he lacks Ronaldinhos genius completely, but he is lighter on his feet and probably a better dribbler.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Laplacian

Lol, Cmon, Robinho!!! Ronaldinho's peak is greater than Neymar's, but Neymar has been more consistent (So a summary of his attacking stats would most likely be more than Ronaldinho's, ranging from goals, assists, dribbles, key passes, chances created etc).

Being a boomer is a fatal mental disease.

Apparently a player capable of scoring and assisting 30-40~ a season, is closer to the player who barely scored 5 a season than he is to the player that scored and assisted 25-35 a season. Ronaldinho is characterized by his best games, whilst Neymar should only be remembered by his flaws.

These aren't rational arguments man. These are guys who grew up watching Ronaldinho. Him and any other player from the boomer XI (Zidane, Shevchenko, Kaka, etc) will forever be invincible legends compared to modern players and beyond. It's literally just, "back in the old days [X was better]" sort of arguments. Don't stress yourself over this. Relax and move on buddy.

Thankfully there are some old timers here (Rory for example) who are a lot more rational than the majority.

Rassvet

Being a boomer is a fatal mental disease.

Apparently a player capable of scoring and assisting 30-40~ a season, is closer to the player who barely scored 5 a season than he is to the player that scored and assisted 25-35 a season. Ronaldinho is characterized by his best games, whilst Neymar should only be remembered by his flaws.

These aren't rational arguments man. These are guys who grew up watching Ronaldinho. Him and any other player from the boomer XI (Zidane, Shevchenko, Kaka, etc) will forever be invincible legends compared to modern players and beyond. It's literally just, "back in the old days [X was better]" sort of arguments. Don't stress yourself over this. Relax and move on buddy.

Thankfully there are some old timers here (Rory for example) who are a lot more rational than the majority.

:goodpost:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

If Ronny is a 10 then Neymar is a 9. Ronaldinho had a better peak but Neymar has longevity on his side. Both have one similarity as both have destroyed the bernabeu.

Bobo32

If Ronny is a 10 then Neymar is a 9. Ronaldinho had a better peak but Neymar has longevity on his side. Both have one similarity as both have destroyed the bernabeu.

Neymar is a 7/11 :)

I understand SmilingBam thinks Ronaldinho was the superior dribbler... I doubt the numbers would have Ronnie even close to Neymar, who passes players with his speed, almost en passant.

And then Laplacian also calls me irrational, from the other side. Robinho scored more non-PK goals than Ronaldinho, but that's not what it's about. Football is about more than goals and assists.
Neymar has played in the best team of the league since joining Europe, Robinho was carrying Real for a little while in a way that Neymar never had to do at Barca or PSG. And talking about carrying, Ronaldinho carried Barcelona in a way that I only know to compare with Maradona at Napoli.

Messigician

Official: FC Barcelona and Neymar Jr. have signed a compromise agreement to end legal proceedings that were pending between both. [fcb]

Total-Football

Official: FC Barcelona and Neymar Jr. have signed a compromise agreement to end legal proceedings that were pending between both. [fcb]

Stunning.. I SMELL A MESSI NEYMAR SWAP. would be 1 good deal for all involved.. Barca get rid of astronomical wages.. Psg get their new franchise player. Barca gets a neymar capable to squeeze 3 good years.

Home of Barca Fans