Neymar Jr.

JohnN

totally depends on if you think first or fifth is most important

Maybe you think first, and he thinks fifth. Neither is wrong.

Every penalty is hard in a shout-out but the first one is also important for mentality. Missing the first could lower morale. And it did for Brazil I think.
We can talk about it all day long but won't change the fact.
I believe it was a mistake not to take it. We will never know and anyway, penalties require luck also. That's why we call them "Russian roulette" here.

Messigician

How can anyone not love this man

Neymar on IG: "Unfortunately, we did not succeed. It's going to hurt a lot, for a long time. But thank you for everything God, you have given me everything so I can't complain. Thank you for taking care of me. All honour and glory to God, no matter what."

raskolnikov

First penalty is most important. You may not reach 5. Logic is to have it go from best taker on.
Neymar should have been first.

Morten

Not implying anything here, but, the only time this Brazil-side won a trophy was when Neymar wasn't in the team.

Fantastic player on his day though.

JamDav1982

Not implying anything here, but, the only time this Brazil-side won a trophy was when Neymar wasn't in the team.

Fantastic player on his day though.

Same with France and Benzema.

They might do it twice though.

Its not Neymars fault when Croatia get one chance on target and it deflects in...another day game is remembered for his great goal.

Morten

Same with France and Benzema.

They might do it twice though.

Its not Neymars fault when Croatia get one chance on target and it deflects in...another day game is remembered for his great goal.

I almost never watch France tbh, but i guess for some reason they are better with Grioud than they are with Benzema.

Brazil prob aren't better without Neymar though, so yeah, luck plays a part.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Friendly reminder that he left Barcelona and Messi to step out of then 30+ year old Messi's shadow

Since then,

No major trophies with him in the team :lol:

While Messi has won a World Cup and a Copa against him

If this guy didn't leave us high and dry in summer 2017, and we somehow got a good midfielder, Barca wouldn't be in as bad a condition today. The snake deserves all the vitriol he gets.

Messigician

Friendly reminder that he left Barcelona and Messi to step out of then 30+ year old Messi's shadow

Since then,

If this guy didn't leave us high and dry in summer 2017, and we somehow got a good midfielder, Barca wouldn't be in as bad a condition today. The snake deserves all the vitriol he gets.

225m upfront isn't bad lol

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
After Messi, the pressure is now on him. He may be the best goalscorer in Brazil's history but he doesn't have that WC - Pele, Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaka all have. He is also the biggest Brazilian talent after Ronaldinho. Would be funny if they get the sixth title immediately after he retires from the NT

Windhook

Since then,

True. From financial standpoint he became filthy rich, signed with Jordan brand and all that comes with it. But he vanished from the peak greats of football discussion ever since his move to Paris. More we hear about birthday parties of his sister, injury, Rio carnaval, another injury, return, injury, Brazil NT. Basically those 5 years for me have been a waste of time regarding Neymar. Probably his post-COVID CL run was his best playing for PSG.

Jair Ventura

^ I don?t hear any of those things. Rejoin us in reality, where everyone excepts Neymar moving on from Barca as a positive given the respective states of the club he left, versus the club where he landed.

Professionalism was an issue once, but that began to fall away once he left Spain. He?s become a mature and capable leader, even despite his poor luck internationally.

Jair Ventura

Since then,

Friendly reminder that Barca has become an afterthought, a Europa level club since he moved on.

Home of Barca Fans