10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Wowsers. You know that this is the definitive Barca forum when there have already been 5 threads solely about him already.

Just like we are living in the Fifth World according to Mayan Mythology :) (Ancient Aliens/Ancient Astronauts/Chariots of the Gods anyone?).

If anyone deserves this royal treatment, it's Messi. Everything that needs to be said about Messi has already been said so
anything I add about him would be superfluous.

I will say this though: FC Barcelona has thrived long before Messi ever came on the scene, and our beloved club will thrive long after he has left this world (being the alien astronaut that he unquestionably is :) )

but darn it I'm not so sure if we'll ever see the likes of him and Cristiano ever again. In this or any other world or lifetime.

Their respective successes in football would not have been possible without the other. We truly live in blessed and magical times.

Steven Gerrard, of all people, said it best. The two of them are monsters. What they're doing and achieving in football is absolutely abnormal.

Mbappe vs Neymar the next iteration of a "Cristiano vs Messi"?

Just doesn't have the same ring to it. (even taking into account what undoubtedly would be the PSG players' future Ballon D'Or haul.)

fergus90

He looks in great shape, I sense a huge season coming up. I always get excited for potential transfers in the summer but then I get even more excited when I remember we have Messi.

Home of Barca Fans