Europa League

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
on an unrelated note, choosing 40k capacity and then allocating 9k to each team for a fucking EL final is shocking. We have so many great stadiums in Europe to play EL finals in. It's not even the biggest stadium in Sevilla. Heck it's not even the 2nd biggest stadium in Sevilla. You have 190k fans wanting to see a football match and only 10% of them can approach a ticket and another 10% are required to overspend on the black market. And then the fans end up not being able to buy drinks while sitting in a literal oven. Horrible organisation.

Still not an excuse to call Pizjuan "micky mouse stadium".

I guess by that logic, Frankfurt's own stadium should never host anything big either.

Yannik

Still not an excuse to call Pizjuan "micky mouse stadium".

I guess by that logic, Frankfurt's own stadium should never host anything big either.

But the Waldstadion DID never host finals and afaik they don't apply for these. I think the phrasing is mean and he was definetely emotional and pissed at UEFA when he said that, but overall he is right. I mean Rangers were complaining about it too. There were a lot of things that went wrong, from the size, to the allocations and dehydrations and the police in Sevilla isn't exactly great at these events either. The Pizjuan is a beautiful stadium, but it's a 40k ground and the organisation isnt great either.. If you wanted to play in Seville, you could've also just picked Betis' stadium which is far bigger.. I still don't get why we must artificially limit EL stadiums to be smaller than CL stadiums, just to make the CL look bigger.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But Frankfurt DID never host a final so far and afaik they don't apply for these. I think the phrasing is mean and he was definetely emotional and pissed at UEFA when he said that, but overall he is right. I mean Rangers were complaining about it too. There were a lot of things that went wrong, from the size, to the allocations and dehydrations and the police in Sevilla isn't exactly great at these events either. The Pizjuan is a beautiful stadium, but it's a 40k ground and the organisation isnt great either.. If you wanted to play in Seville, you could've also just picked Betis' stadium which is far bigger.. I still don't get why we must artificially limit EL stadiums to be smaller than CL stadiums, just to make the CL look bigger.

There were things that could have been handled better on the part of UEFA and perhaps by Sevilla itself who owns the stadium and the Seville police etc., but that doesn't exonerate Peter Fischer for what he said (snobbish and arrogant to say the least) and those Frankfurt and Ranger fans who had a street fight.

Yannik

There were things that could have been handled better on the part of UEFA and perhaps by Sevilla itself who owns the stadium and the Seville police etc., but that doesn't exonerate Peter Fischer for what he said (snobbish and arrogant to say the least) and those Frankfurt and Ranger fans who had a street fight.

Yes I agree,. he could've said it better and all, but he most certainly wasn't looking for beef with the club Sevilla here. At the end both clubs played the most important game in decades of club history. Then you have 190k fans hoping to get seats for a 40k seater because UEFA thought that was a good idea, I'd be pissed aswell. Don't think I'd always be able to venture my anger in the most PR of ways.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes I agree,. he could've said it better and all, but he most certainly wasn't looking for beef with the club Sevilla here. At the end both clubs played the most important game in decades of club history. Then you have 190k fans hoping to get seats for a 40k seater because UEFA thought that was a good idea, I'd be pissed aswell. Don't think I'd always be able to venture my anger in the most PR of ways.

Yes but he should have directed his anger at UEFA more than Sevilla, in my opinion. And as the president and the face of a club and a mature adult, he should have controlled his anger better at least when speaking publicly.

I am hoping UEFA hands them a big fine, not for what he said but for the behavior of some of their fans.

Messi983

Betis started their EL season with a 2-0 away win in Helsinki, Willian Jose with a brace. In other game in group C Roma have lost in Bulgaria against Ludogorets.

Sociedad will play in a few minutes at Old Trafford. Omonia Nicosia and FC Sheriff are other two teams in their group so should go through even if they lose tonight.

FinBarcelonafan

United fans complaining Sociedad celebrated their win.

I'd celebrate too, if opponent spent probably 5-10 times more money in the transfer window and still lost..

It's a massive win for Sociedad and makes United games complicated. I don't think they can mess up again.

Home of Barca Fans