Europa League

SmilerBam

I'm happy with the draw, this isn't the competition to go for and also it's impossible to win it with the current squad, play, budget we have but most importantly we'll be in the position to focus exclusively on getting top 4 in La Liga which ofc is by far the most important goal for this season.

You are aware that winning the Europa League will quarantee us a CL place, right?

iniestaGOAT

You are aware that winning the Europa League will quarantee us a CL place, right?

Is this after jan window? I expect us to win easily with few more goal scorers.

But yes i top 4 is more important because it was more achievable than winning the europa. Anything can happen in shitty european away games.

JerseyAddict

They are very well drilled. If you watch Serie A the best teams are Inter Napoli Milan Atalanta.
Still an Italian team of course, but they dominated Leicester 4 days ago

Nothing like all other possible opponents

Inter and Atalanta are better 2 out of this 4.
The thing Napoli has over us is speed and attack.

But I believe we can handle them with one real striker.
Problem is we don't have one.

FC B

You are aware that being a team that is unable to beat the likes of Osasuna and stands eith after almost half LL games were played is enough of a proof that you can never win a European competition even if that's EL, right?

Last edited:

SmilerBam

You are aware that being a team that is unable to beat the likes of Osasuna and stands eith after almost half LL games were played is enough of a proof that you can never win a European competition even if that's EL, right?

Yes, but i think you can luck yourself into winning a cup more easily than achieving top 4 this season.

JamDav1982

Not at all.
Napoli got 2 early goals, and then they sat back and let Leicester play, but Leicester could not threaten enough.
When Leicester found 2 goals from not big chances, Napoli took the lead again, and then sat back again.

Basically Napoli controlled the flow of that game

Nah you are the one that loves xG and Leicester had better on that and were more dominant side.

Leicester had more of ball, more chances and better xG.. 1.33 v 2.05.

Napoli scored two early. Then Leicester were better team and got it back to 2-2 with more of ball and better chances. Napoli were not in control of game and scoring twice is 'threatening enough' from Leicester.

They had injuries and on balance of play were fortunate to win it.

You made a statement that was blatantly not true and trying to find way to back it up and ignore your own metrics to show who was usually the side that had the better chances.

Had money on Napoli and was nervy game where they didnt not dominate Leicester in slightest. You didnt watch it clearly.

Last edited:

FC B

Yes, but i think you can luck yourself into winning a cup more easily than achieving top 4 this season.

Sadly both are hard to accomplish atm but chasing two rabbits makes it much likely to lose both and get neither of them so I'd clearly chose to focus all energy on LL. Moreover had we played the tie vs Napoli today we won't stand a chance imo so I don't think much will change even if we somehow manage to get a good striker or improve our defence by then.

MTL_Barca

Top 4 in la liga is still doable. If we can't catch up the ~10 points to top 4 and take over the clubs in between we most likely also don't have what it takes to win the EL.

I mean it's good to have at least another way to qualify, but still that's a small bonus at best compared to the league imo.

Home of Barca Fans