Europa League

Birdy

xG has its place but we've lost the plot if we start using it as a tool to laugh at sides who might have had a lower xG but still won the game :lol:

Winning is no longer enough, you also have to win the possession and xG stats now, i suppose.

I am not gonna bother replying to posers. I am replying to you, because you are a serious interlocutor:

Don't try to downplay what it shows.
It shows whether your win was deserved or not, based on the chances you created.
And in the case of both Granada and Villareal, it shows that there was nothing impressive about their qualifications. Their opponents missed shit ton of clear chances, that's why they are through.
Does not take back anything from argument about how much La Liga has declined.

Morten

I am not gonna bother replying to posers. I am replying to you, because you are a serious interlocutor:

Don't try to downplay what it shows.
It shows whether your win was deserved or not, based on the chances you created.
And in the case of both Granada and Villareal, it shows that there was nothing impressive about their qualifications. Their opponents missed shit ton of clear chances, that's why they are through.
Does not take back anything from argument about how much La Liga has declined.

Admittedly, i watched neither of the games(did you, btw?), so i cant tell how the games went except for the scoreline.

In any case, sure, xG has a part to play, but i have never been convinced its as important as some think, i mean, Liverpool went two seasons straight outperforming xG(A), you cant simply be lucky for such a long period of time imo.

Now, a single game(or two) is different, but luck never goes on for an entire season(or several).

La liga has declined, no doubt.

Last edited:

Morten

Anyway, i fear Granada will be knocked out by Molde, the ultimate humiliation for la liga(and for us who supports RBK....).

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Milan-United my favourite tie!

but yes we are in bad form at the wrong time. and half the team is out

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Milan doing well with so many injuries. Never was a fan of them but kinda happy how they are doing this season.
Hope they can advance against United and get back on track in Serie A to stay close behind Inter.

Home of Barca Fans