Champions League

gasgas

will Verratti even start? I rate him very highly but the system PSG used yesterday with Neymar behind Mbappe and an athletic double pivot behind them doesn't really suit him.

Still possible

............gueye....paredes
Di maria....verratti......neymar
...................mbappe

diDi7

As a Bayern fan, I'd rather see Real Madrid win another 3 in a row before I'd accept a PSG or City title.

Still looking forward to the matches.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
City's defence isn't that bad as long as Ruben Dias plays and Pep doesn't play a suicidal high line anymore. I don't think they struggled because of their defence. The team was just nervous as fuck. Perhaps finally getting past the quarter-finals will calm them down and give them confidence to play like they do in the league.

True but individually, Stones, Walker, Cancelo and Zinchenko are trash defensively. The introduction of Dias + intense pressing have improved defensive cohesiveness dramatically but this City backline still has some clowns defensively that Neymar and Mbappe can exploit. Also they will be forced to play a high line vs PSG as Pochettino will be happy to play on counter. Now PSG's defense is of course worse so I really do not know what to expect from the tie.

Kul_z

Damn, zidane at it again. But still, liverpool blew them out of the park, it looked like they played crystal palace not real madrid. Mourinhoesque.

FinBarcelonafan

That's the difference, if Barca has game like PSG had vs Bayern(the first match), Barca would lose 8-2 or something silly. Good teams find a way to win even if the odds are vs you.

FC B

I thought Chelsea would be against Madrid in the Semis? I really hope NRAmar and friends run right through them. This Madrid is not that good and should not deserve a path to the final. Last line.

That's why luck plays a huge factor in CL starting with the draws. Had they been paierd on the other side of the draw with the likes of Bayern, PSG or even City they wouldn't have had a chance to reach the final.

Madrid don't lose CL finals, if they get to the final, they are winning it. I believe only Barca, as bad as they currently are, could beat them in a final.

Madird is in the final since the draws. Come on, this washed up LFC and this Chelsea in their path for the final? :lol:

Last edited:

SmilerBam

The fact that Madrid is in the semifinals of the CL validates the point in how much football has regressed in the last years. This is an utterly unispiring team of Madrid, solid defensively, with great experience, but lacking the spark of previous teams. The fact they have only one point ahead of us, with us being mediocrity personified, speaks volumes. And tbh, i really don't know who can stop them to another CL title. Chelsea no way, they are even more uninspiring and bought overrated bums from the Bundesliga.Porto defeated them and they were better in both legs. So the only chance is in the final, either City or PSG are indeed better than Real Madrid, but they are also perennial chokers in the CL. So guys, in few words: we are fucked.

Home of Barca Fans