Results 16,591 to 16,595 of 16595

Thread: Champions League

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBZ back to his usual antics.

Never talks about how Milan bought their way to big titles in 1980s or how Italian teams were setting transfer records during their heyday.

Honestly, at times, I lose all respect for him and think he's just a troll with more creativity than Messigician.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    La Liga was never dominant except during Galacticos in 1998-2000-2002 when Real bought titles with money = with buying R9, Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Roberto Carlos
    Then we won a title in 2006 due to Ronaldinho and an awesome team, but it is hard to call it a domination over Italians or EPL teams back then.

The only real domination was during Messi-Xavi-Iniesta and RM with CR7 = so, when Barca and Real had two best players in the world, paired with MSN, Xavi-Iniesta or signings worth 500 millions.
    And Sevilla's UEFA cup titles, of course.

People love to think in a romantic way that success comes with good work, historical work of a team, good youth academy and similar.
    But in majority of cases, titles go where the highest amount of money is invested.

Now, the question for the future:
    1. since Barca is broke
    2. Messi and CR7 (and Neymar) are gone
    3. we are not that attractive anymore to a new gen of social media young players who are after new fancy teams like City, any EPL teams or Psg
    4. EPL has insanely lucrative Tv deals, while we suck. Soon even Everton will earn more than us

The question is: how will La Liga look like in the future?
    = the safest bet is = it will be on a level of Serie A and Bundesliga while EPL will be a spaceship compared to us.

Money, money, money.
    No wonder that uncle Flo and nephew Laporta wanted to create Superleague.
    Reals CLs in 1998 and 2000 none of the 'big name' expensive players you name were there bar Carlos who did not cost a lot.

You are speaking absolute shite as normal.

Real got worse after splashed big cash on majority of players you mention.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    I am not arguing about Pep's era and later with CR7.
    I am saying that Spain didn't dominate pre-Pep:
    2006: Barca:Arsenal 2:1
    2007: Milan:Liverpool 2:1
    2008: Man utd:Chelsea pens

From 2005/06 to 2008, EPL had 4 CL finalists out of 6 spots.
    They even had a finalist in 2005: Liverpool:Milan pens
    And in 2009: Barca:Man Utd

From 2005 to 2009 final, out of 10 finalists spots:
    6 spots England
    2 spots Barca
    2 spots Milan

Barca did win 2 finals, but I wouldn't call it a domination, it was Barca vs several EPL teams.
    That doesn't mean that La Liga dominated EPL, it only meant that BARCA dominated due to Messi-Ronaldinho-Xavi-Iniesta.
    Levante and Getafe didn't raise in their quality due to Messi's header in 2009 final.
    Yeah you are right about mid 00s
    There are always some great teams from other leagues that pop up within the dominance of a certain League, but they are outliers rather than instances of the main trend

If I were to map the trend of dominance the last 30 years, it would be something like:

- early to late 90s: Italian clubs (Milan and Juve in CL, many others in UEFA/Cup Winners)
    Van Gaal's Ajax, and Hitschfeld's Dortmund the outliers in that era

-Late 90s to early 00s: Spanish dominance (RM CLs, Valencia finals, and all Spanish teams good in Europe)
    Fergie's ManUtd and Bayern the outliers here

- Early 00s to late 00s: English dominance (Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, even Arsenal made a final)
    Rijkaard's Barca and Ancelotti's Milan the outliers here

- Late 00s to mid 10s: Spanish dominance (Pep's Barca, Perez's new Galactico RM, Simeone's Atleti, Emery's Sevilla, etc)
    Mou's Inter, both Huynkes' and Pep's Bayern the outliers

- Mid 10s to now: English dominance (Pep's City, Klopp's Liverpool, Poch' Tottenham, recently Tuchel's Chelsea, Utd in Europa)
    Flick's Bayern obviously the outlier here, and it seems PSG as well

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    BBZ back to his usual antics.

Never talks about how Milan bought their way to big titles in 1980s or how Italian teams were setting transfer records during their heyday.

Honestly, at times, I lose all respect for him and think he's just a troll with more creativity than Messigician.
    I think it's genuine. I think he just has a pathological need to argue and be a contrarian. If he disliked Spanish football and its direction so much all he has to do is not follow it, he has no obligations to do otherwise considering he's Croatian. Could just watch the PL that has his power, pace and height football he loves so much. But he doesn't, because he'd rather argue on this website instead.

Valverde Cultist
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ernesto Valverde UCL home record

Played - 14
    Won - 12
    Draw - 2
    Lost - 0
    Goals for - 38
    Goals against - 6