Champions League

Temptation

I am just not sold on Liverpool vs serious opponents this season. Bascallly drew vs Chlsea 4 times, and vs City 2 times, most of the time looking like 2nd best team out there.

Looked impressive vs City's 2nd string team, and even then for one half only.

if we're talking about looking 2nd best, didn't Madrid look that way in their entire knockout journey?

Also, we were the better team against City in the Cup and won easily.

serghei

if we're talking about looking 2nd best, didn't Madrid look that way in their entire knockout journey?

Also, we were the better team against City in the Cup and won easily.

True, and the only reason I'm not making Madrid big favorites is because Liverpool are a bit like Madrid too. They can win games which are cagey and close.

Basically, I don't think Liverpool's top level is that high this season. I think their median is very high, but their top level has been missing, also because in CL they haven't been tested.

Inter, Benfica, Villareal?

EL draw through and through if I've ever seen one.

Last edited:

Morten

I am just not sold on Liverpool vs serious opponents this season. Bascallly drew vs Chlsea 4 times, and vs City 2 times, most of the time looking like 2nd best team out there.

Looked impressive vs City's 2nd string team in FA Cup, and even then for one half only.

Liverpool vs top 4 in the league:

2 draws vs City
2 draws vs Chelsea
2 draws vs Tottenham.

Even tottenham managed more points vs top 4.

2 draws vs City isn't bad as they are very good, but i watched those games and it could easily have been 2 wins to City in those games.

But then, one can say the same about Chelsea and City against us, i suppose.

serghei

2 draws vs City isn't bad as they are very good, but i watched those games and it could easily have been 2 wins to City in those games.

But then, one can say the same about Chelsea and City against us, i suppose.

More like 2 losses. Dominated in both games. Surely you remember Mahrez missing a near sitter in the last minute recently?

Horatio

You're welcome

Looked impressive vs City's 2nd string team in FA Cup, and even then for one half only.

Liverpool vs top 4 in the league:

2 draws vs City
2 draws vs Chelsea
2 draws vs Tottenham.

Even tottenham managed more points vs top 4.

And when you take into account Liverpool will be rested?

serghei

He’s saying same as you that liverpool could have had 2 wins against coty

Yeah, true. Misread that.

That's my point. That Liverpool in big games this season was not really above any serious competition. Maybe in the final they will play a top game, but it's not really what they are known for this season.

They beat the crap out of the lesser teams though.

serghei

I am not sure anymore. Last sentence makes me think morten meant city should have won both lol

That's what I mean.

The 2 draws vs City in the league were with City slightly dominating them in chances. But we all know that City dominating in chances means jack shit anyway when their main attacker is fuckin Jesus.

Horatio

You're welcome
That's what I mean.

The 2 draws vs City in the league were with City slightly dominating them in chances. But we all know that City dominating in chances means jack shit anyway when their main attacker is fuckin Jesus.

Ah ok. Thought the last league game liverpool dominated first half and then city dominated beginning of second half.

Catta

I see two scenarios for the game. It will either be a tight game, where Real wins like against City, Chelsea and QSG, or Liverpool will take their chances unlike the others and score 4/5 goals, and finally end that despicable club.

Home of Barca Fans