Champions League

Richard.H

z8msabc.jpg

CatalinR10

Ofc avoiding City, PSG and Bayern is an easy draw while getting such a Liverpool instead. Barca had been able to get past PSG would've gotten again, at first occasion Bayern, the sextuple team, while Madrid not only avoids them but gets to avoid those big teams unitl the final if they reach it. If this isn't luck, in your world it must be bad luck than, ok :lol:

You do understand jack about footbal, don't you? Have you ever watched PL? It's not about the names of the team but more of how they play in the current season where LFC is way weaker today than it used to be while City looks stronger, even though in CL that might not translate into winning the trophy it is still a indicator, one of the few.

And more importantly, in this particular subject we talk about Madrid, why do you even brought up Barca in a discussion about Madrid draws?

Joan

:lol:

I read a story somewhere a while back that Barcelona founders were Basel fans. But don't know how much truth there is to this.

Joan Gamper even played some matches for FC Basel. He also founded FC Zurich. Apparently, he chose blaugrana, official colors after the FC Basel's logo.

I've been there many times and never saw them play. :p

Newcomer

What about if Saudis comes lol

If they come, they come. Why would i care about them ?

I'm just reacting to the news of FFP being scrapped when i was saying years ago it was a bs rule. Now, conveniently, UEFA and everyone else see no wrong about getting over it quickly. That shows that the pretexts they were using about FPF being needed for football sustainability were bs.

It was just a protectionnist move and now that it is not filling its purpose, you can just remove it and drop the act.

I have no doubt Bar?a or Real will receive some kind of investment/loan/whatever soon, otherwise such a move wouldn't have been sanctioned. Big clubs are making the rules and they will benefit from FFp being changed or removed in some way.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

If they come, they come. Why would i care about them ?

I'm just reactin to the news of FFP being scrapped when i was saying years ago it was a bs rule. Now, conveniently, UEFA and everyone else see no wrong about getting over it quickly. That shows that the pretexts they were using about FPF being needed for football sustainability were bs.

It was just a protectionnist move and now that it is not filling its purpose, you can just remove it and drop the act.

It was never made out to be anything but a move to protect football from over spending that damages clubs.

Was in place before PSG and discussed before City so was not some reaction of the top clubs to those two either.

Newcomer

It was never made out to be anything but a move to protect football from over spending that damages clubs.

Was in place before PSG and discussed before City so was not some reaction of the top clubs to those two either.

They saw what happened with Chelsea and didn't want a new rich taking over their glory and money.

It is evidenced by all the changes they have pushed into Champions League:
-first, get more spots to the big leagues to secure the money,
-second, introduce a coefficient prize money which secure more money for your past glory (hilarious),
-now, they are pushing for a closed shop league. All moves to secure their small elite clubs cartel money. They are not even hiding it with Agnelli saying Atalanta shouldn't be allowed to be in CL.

How do you explain the successive changes when needed ? Originally, it was supposed to take into account the debt but of course it wouldn't fly with the most powerful clubs. Then PSG and City get a sanction and poof, suddenly, Inter Milan and Milan AC are in the mud and get sold. What happened ? Suddenly, FFP allows a 3 year transition period to the owners to post deficits to suit those old guard clubs. Mechanically, PSG and City which had had to serve their sanctions get the remaining years of sanctions scrapped.

There is also the curious turnaround of UEFA over PSG sponsorships. Nothing to say about it for years but then Neymar/Mbapp? happen and they realize they got it all wrong lmao. They even launched an investigation just after the summer window whereas they are supposed to verify the end of the year account because you can still make sales on winter transfer or just before the end of the fiscal year. In fact, they had to create a new rule in their books to make that procedure easier (the 100 M deficit in transfer rule allowing them to instantly monitor your account).

I would have agreed if FFP was straight and strictly followed their initial rules but there were too many zig zag depending on the situation which don't sit right to me. One day this is allowed, the other it is not and we are going back on our words. As if one day, you are allowed to go up to 80 km/h on a road and then, a year later, they tell you it should have been 70 and you now have to pay for all the past transgressions.

I also don't like that clubs (Bar?a, Bayern, Real, Liverpool, etc.) or league presidents like Tebas are putting public and private pressure on UEFA and FFP bodies to punish a rival club. It should be noone business but UEFA and FFP bodies to discuss the matter. Even recently, when the transfer of Messi to PSG was being discussed in the media, Laporta said something about UEFA needed to do something if PSG gets Messi. He should just mind his business and see if Messi joins another club if UEFA find some fault. There is too much political pressure around FFP, meaning it is not "fair".

And finally, how is exactly the rule introduced to protect clubs from bad financial management (or to make them sustainable) being axed the second there is a financial crisis ? What does it tell you ? How is Bar?a in such a bad state while never been targeted by FFP while PSG is totally fine ? Seems like FFP didn't do a good job protecting Bar?a and make it sustainable.

Instead, they are now saying, you must invest money and spend (reasonably). Lmao. This is exactly what was frowned upon during the tyranny of FFP but now it is the solution. Just tells you how artifically bad FFP is. It was a scam from the beginning and it will die like the scam it was.

Never in any industry i have seen people being sanctioned because they wanted to invest their own money in their own business. Of course, in real life, those who have ral money are dealing just fine with the crisis compared to the one gambling with money they don't have.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

What relevance does Barca have?

Nothing that has happened at Barca is related to FFP and Barca will have to find their own way out of the debt.

'Never in any industry seen people sanctioned for wanting to invest own money'?

Majority of top sports have limits on what owners can invest.

You are speaking as a PSG fan who would benefit from unlimited spending and not damage it could do to football.

Talk about 'political pressure' when likes of PSG and City have been said to be at forefront of stopping the Saudi money going to Newcastle. Every club looks after their own interests and likes of PSG are no exception.

Last edited:

Joan

Don't know where to post it.

The International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS) on Tuesday named Barcelona as the best club of the past decade.

"FC Barcelona won the CLUB WORLD RANKINGS of the First Decade (2001-2010) and also of the second Decade (2011-2020)," the IFFHS said in a statement.

Barca topped the list 2,877 points, while rival Real Madrid and Bayern Munich ranked 2nd and 3rd with 2,782 and 2,594 points, respectively.

Deal with it, Morten and Wolfe. :coffee:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/sports/football-barcelona-named-best-club-of-decade/2185534

Home of Barca Fans