Vinícius Júnior

Joan

Very overhyped this kid ain't he?
I'd say he's one of those players whose performances impress you way more than they should. Neat guy, highly motivated, constantly looking for plays, love the hunger. He's strong, fast, agile... with time, some of it will be gone, but other aspects could make up for it. Gotta find his shooting boots some time soon.

Pedro

La Masia
Well, he only got a few months left before Hazard arrives, probably.
Thats how it is to play for RM, good or bad.

What's Hazard gonna do? He's not even a winger, Hazard will flop at Real if he comes, he's not even playing that well for Chelsea

Morten

What's Hazard gonna do? He's not even a winger, Hazard will flop at Real if he comes, he's not even playing that well for Chelsea

Hazard is a LW, even if he drifts centrally, its his position on the paper.
So, Vinicius will have his minutes cut short pretty soon.

Pedro

La Masia
[tw]1100892792648355840[/tw]

You're right, maybe by the time he reaches his peak he will score 10 goals in 75 shots.

Lmao

A certain Cristiano Ronaldo was also missing a lot of chances like that when he was 18, but developed into one the world's best players. Have a look how many goals Ronaldo or even Messi scored when they were 18 years old...

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
he is the reason madrid didn't win at camp nou and at home. don't say he is 18, he can't pass, can't shoot, he failed everything. he shouldn't be starting anymore. the only positive is that he has great talent and can become something.

El Gato

Villarato!
I'd say he's one of those players whose performances impress you way more than they should.

By itself or in the context of that post, this is nonsense man. We need better narrative than this, because when you go to his pure skill you will always find flaws in the game. He is an 18 year old who already is integral to the way of how this team attacks without any other offensive leader. He is 4x more important to Madrid at his age than Messi was for Barcelona. For different reasons of course. But this is the important bit and the lens we should look through at these performances.

Lots of possible scenarios. I dread the one where nobody comes in and he is looked at by the board as some kind of saviour. Kid needs more help. And what I hope is that the help that comes in will not displace him, but will play to his strengths. He's more than keen to move positions and moving to RW would actually benefit his scoring, because he would have to actively learn to attack spaces when coming onto a cross - stuff we miss routinely.

We could easily try and kill 2 birds with one stone. But Vinicius is unlikely to be harmed in any scenario. I'm not keen on "don't buy into the hype" attitude. Hype is very clear, so is criticism, there are even memes taking the piss of what he can't yet do. Football is lacking mercurial young talent like him at top level. He's doing it in the biggest games against the best players available. Nonsense to downplay it.

The new robinho

He's an absolute antithesis of Robinho by now.

Morten

he is the reason madrid didn't win at camp nou and at home. don't say he is 18, he can't pass, can't shoot, he failed everything. he shouldn't be starting anymore. the only positive is that he has great talent and can become something.

True, he did what he could, but ultimately, this loss is on him.
Disagree that he should be benched, we dont have anything better up front anyways, he needs to play, for now.

D10S_JC

He won't be benched. It's not exaggerating that Real look dead without him as they couldn't even manage to create a single chance.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Oh my. He gave Semedo such a hard time today and tore our right side apart single-handedly. If his finishing had been better we would probably have conceded like 3 goals in the first half alone. Very impressed.

Of course he is still raw, being only 18 and he can grow to be even better. Right now to me he is like a poor man's Hazard. His dribbling is very impressive, better than the likes of Douglas Costa already and is on par with Coman in my opinion but his potential is much higher than Coman's. I only hope his development will stall later so he does not turn into a big threat to us.

Does anyone still think the 40m that Madrid paid for him was too much? We seriously should take a page from Real Madrid's playbook and go after the next biggest attacking talent in Brazil in the next couple of years. Madrid likely hit a jackpot, we might too, you never know.

Home of Barca Fans