Ramon Rodriguez Jimenez "Monchu"

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Monchu has offers from clubs in the Premier League, if he doesn't have opportunities in the first team he will likely leave. [cadena ser]

I think the club will jump on this if we can get 5-10M for him.

Should sell with a buyback clause. Same with Collado.

mc_lovin

Collado looks like a worse version of Trincao to me. Wouldnt be too bad if we sold him.

Monchu reminds me of Alena unfortunately. Clearly one of the best Barca B midfielders, but he doesnt have a single outstanding quality like Puigs technique or Moribas strength (oversimplified). Hes just decent at everything, but as soon as the others catch up with him hes out of his depth.

xXKonan

Collado started out as a Midfielder but ended up being a winger playmaker kinda player.

He will likely be sold with a buyback to some Liga club I reckon. Monchu, played as both a Pivot and a CM(Mostly CM) with the B team but as stated above he's not some extraordinary talent, he just seems like a solid, unspectacular Midfielder that La Masia produces but ends up leaving and having a decent career elsewhere.

I know people hype of Jandro a lot and I hope I'm wrong on this but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up suffering the same issues that plagued the likes of Samper (Without the injuries) or someone like Busi is now. Slow and not nearly mobile enough for a team like ours as a Pivot option in the future considering teams are moving away from players like that and focusing on guys who are good enough on a technical aspect but also being far more athletic.

Andresito

Staff member
I know people hype of Jandro a lot and I hope I'm wrong on this but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up suffering the same issues that plagued the likes of Samper (Without the injuries) or someone like Busi is now. Slow and not nearly mobile enough for a team like ours as a Pivot option in the future considering teams are moving away from players like that and focusing on guys who are good enough on a technical aspect but also being far more athletic.

Definitely this. Could also compare him to Oriol, but at least Oriol has the height to play CB. Can definitely see Jandro struggling when he joins a top division team.

Messi983

He's one of the Barca B players called up to train with the first team ahead of the game against Napoli. The others are Inaki Pena, Tenas, Morer, Cuenca, Mingueza, Jandro, Reis and Konrad.

In other news Betis, Sociedad and Valencia are interested in him. The club wants to sell him with a buy back.

khaled_a_d

He's one of the Barca B players called up to train with the first team ahead of the game against Napoli. The others are Inaki Pena, Tenas, Morer, Cuenca, Mingueza, Jandro, Reis and Konrad.

In other news Betis, Sociedad and Valencia are interested in him. The club wants to sell him with a buy back.

Apparently Sassuolo have a head start and negotiations are ongoing with them.

Messi983

Wouldn't be a bad club for him tbh. Sassuolo are playing a good football and they don't have a lot of great depth in midfield so he could fit right alongside Locatelli as a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1. Pedro Obiang has injury history and Francesco Magnanelli is 35.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

He should be on the bench vs Napoli inasmuch as we won't have enough midfield sub options.

Porque

Sassuolo would be a nice move to ease into Serie A but I would like Monchu in LaLiga. I think he can make it.

Also think we should keep the buyback clause for more than 2 seasons. Although judging by Cucu we will probably bring him back and sell again with a BB if he is progressing well.

Latschenkiefer

Does he have a clause in his contract for one fielding with the first team this season? I mean, I like him and he is really not bad and Rakitic needed all the help he could get. But why throw a young player with close to no first team experience into such an important match? Seems unfair to me.

Porque

I'm assuming Setien was looking to make a change for the midfielder who provides the most defensive contribution, and decided Monchu was the best option. Closest thing to Vidal.

His next sub of Firpo to sure up the defense even more was another like this. I really hate substitutions like this where you basically sacrifice any ability for a counter and invite the opposition to pressure you, like we are a minnow in La Copa and not a juggernaut with millions spent in transfers. It was a Valverde move x 100.

Absolutely baffled Puig and Ansu did not get a minute. It was a big middle finger to all their contributions and efforts at the end of the season. Whatever way you shake it, Puig covers alot of space off the ball, is great on it and can help alleviate attacking pressure.

"Screw press resistance, I just want resistance" was Setien's mentality. If he was like this against Napoli with a 2 goal lead at Camp Nou, how is he going to be against even better sides on a neutral pitch.

Extremely smalltime mentality. I'm sure Setien's wife started packing her bags around the 70 minute mark and left the house at 84th out of disguist.

Last edited:

xXKonan

It was a bit bizarre really unless Seiten thought Monchu was probably better suited against teams like Napoli than Puig.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I like him a lot. Think he can have a future here as a CDM/CM rotation option, like Roberto if he weren't converted to a RB and Rafinha. A season on loan will show his level.

Home of Barca Fans