Achraf Hakimi

Newcomer

Does Real Madrid get a cut of the fee Inter receives?

No.

Things are heating up. Seems close to sign for PSG.
It was his first choice as evidenced by his child already registered in French nurseries and his missus love for the city.

Hopefully, it gets done and the weakest spot on PSG eleven will get an huge upgrade.

Messigician

70m for PSG plus addons on top of wijnaldum, Neymar and Mbappe contract and Donnaruma

They cannot sign Messi!

Stunning no wonder Messi will renew

Porque

FFP is dead. I want to see the return of the Russian Premier League pumping 50-60m for players now.

Hopefully Coutinho enjoys the cold.

Newcomer

FFP is dead. I want to see the return of the Russian Premier League pumping 50-60m for players now.

Hopefully Coutinho enjoys the cold.

Thankfully FFP is *dead* or, as Laporta said, Bar?a would be failing it. Pick your poison.

I don't think FFP is dead but kind of relaxed. If you look at PSG targets so far, it is only players on a free and Hakimi. Not that much different from Bar?a approach, hence why they were sharing the same targets.

Newcomer

70m for PSG plus addons on top of wijnaldum, Neymar and Mbappe contract and Donnaruma

They cannot sign Messi!

Stunning no wonder Messi will renew

Neymar renewal is actually "helping" PSG this window. His wages are not going up but the charges PSG were paying each year for his transfer are going down by a substantial margin. From 44 millions to 9 millions.
This 35 million difference a year can pay Wijnaldum, Donnarumma and Hakimi salaries alone and some more.

El Gato

Villarato!
Salty as hell we banked on a 27 year old player who doesn't care nearly enough and spent 10s of millions on him while having to balance the books with a player like Achraf. Still under illusion we'll match the offer...

Porque

Thankfully FFP is *dead* or, as Laporta said, Bar?a would be failing it. Pick your poison.

I don't think FFP is dead but kind of relaxed. If you look at PSG targets so far, it is only players on a free and Hakimi. Not that much different from Bar?a approach, hence why they were sharing the same targets.

To be honest I don't really have a problem with it. If the owners want to pump money into a club then so be it. As long as they are not leaving the club to absorb the debt and therefore the state, after leaving then I'm cool.

Yeah it's frustrating to miss out on targets for Barcelona, but is it any different to Sevilla missing out on a target because Barcelona put in a bid for example?

The only thing I don't like is Spain having to have buyout clauses which puts the teams at a disadvantage.

Newcomer

To be honest I don't really have a problem with it. If the owners want to pump money into a club then so be it. As long as they are not leaving the club to absorb the debt and therefore the state, after leaving then I'm cool.

Yeah it's frustrating to miss out on targets for Barcelona, but is it any different to Sevilla missing out on a target because Barcelona put in a bid for example?

The only thing I don't like is Spain having to have buyout clauses which puts the teams at a disadvantage.

Yeah, buyout clauses are annoying for Spain clubs but big clubs there are already countering it by putting excessively high clauses anyway.

Ofc, irresponsible owners are the doom of any club. On that part, PSG won the lottery because not only are they wealthy, they are not going to play any shenaningans because they don't want to strain their relationship with France. If and when they leave, they won't leave any debt. PSG will never find a better (in ambition and in financial means to achieve their ambition) owner.

If Hakimi does indeed sign (you never know until the ink is dry on the contract), i'll already rejoice and consider this window a success. My prayers about the club finally investing in fullbacks (or wingbacks) will be finally answered. It could change a lot of thing with PSG. Usuaully, they play a lot in the middle of the pitch with Verratti, Neymar, Mbapp?, Icardi all there. Even Di Maria like to come inside. All that means that the wings are often empty, no width and it is not Florenzi or Dagba who are going to do anyhting for you. Hakimi could finally provide some width, some danger and open space for the other players who are attacking through the middle.

Newcomer

70m lol. Inter the true winners here.

Without a doubt. They have been bailed out singled handedly by Leonardo and PSG with Hakimi and Icardi purchases. 120-140 milions on 1 year.

That being said, if Hakimi fulfill his promises, it is better to pay 70 for a very young and "proven" player in a very scarce position than keep piling on 37 millions Kehrer or other mediocre players.

The danger is if he flops. If he succeeds, it is not that expensive. People were laughing when Lukaku was bought by Inter for 85 millions, now it is money well spent. Some clubs paid 80 for Kepa or 140 for Dembele, go figure...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

You can't compare Barca to PSG. We are benefiting from the relaxation of the FFP no doubt in terms of buying much more than selling (to my chagrin), but we are shifting resources to enable these new signings (cutting existing salaries, taking out loans and borrowing from the future essentially) whereas you guys, like many other clubs simply have to ask your owners to inject free money to beef up your coffers and clear up debt (like Espanyol has done recently, for example). Vastly different.

Home of Barca Fans