Barca-related Open Thread

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So much cringe-worthy stuff being posted on Barca social media.
It's as if target audience is 11 y.o. girls.

I can't be the only one noticing it.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
So much cringe-worthy stuff being posted on Barca social media.
It's as if target audience is 11 y.o. girls.

I can't be the only one noticing it.
Its probably because that's the target audience, the tik tok generation.

Rory

Unfortunately social media is a good way of earning money for any business. Even just the engagement so they’ll post any old shit to get people clicking and talking about it. As is the case here

Temptation

Barca's squad is kinda underrated on this forum itself!

The core squad from my POV:

GK: A top 3 GK itw. At worst top 5 but easily top 3 since last year or so. A big question mark in his European Performances though.

DEF: Christensen, Kounde, Araujo some of the best CBs in the league. Inigo for depth. Cancelo is one the best FBs in the world. Truly World Class. Balde is one of the best emerging young Full Backs in the world. Alonso is tall and decent looking I guess. Roberto is Roberto. All in all, best defense in LL and Top 5 itw.

MID: Romeo average player. At best decent for squad depth. While I consider Pedri overrated, he's still one of the best young mids itw. Injury issues. Gavi is a highly rated young mid. Gundogan might be just past his peak but he just won the treble. Clutch, experienced and his profile suits the Barca traditions. FDJ, one of the best mids in the World and truly WC. Roberto is Roberto. All in all, insane strength in depth in this area and easily a top 2 midfield itw.

ATT: This is Joao's last chance to prove that he can be what he was hyped up to be. Versatile attacker with a bit of magic. Ferran is good at the moment. Bang average player based on what he has shown so far in his career. Raphinha is a good, solid RW. Nothing more. Yamal looks insanely talented. Exciting player. Last but not the least, RL9. All in all, a top 5 attack itw. Has potential to be even more than that based on how Yamal develops and Ferran's shark-y(cringe shit) comeback turns out.

All things considered, it's at worst a top 5 squad in the world but imo, it's a top 3 squad...... Pretty well balanced team. A very youthful and energetic team with 2 or 3 experienced players. Right mix. A World Class Coach would do wonders with this squad. City have a slightly better squad. Bayern are around the same level but have better coaching, mentality, morale and recent club culture.

Minimum expectations with this great squad should be:

La Liga: Win
Copa del Ray: Finals
CL: Semis

Big season ahead for the Culers.

Last edited:

JohnN

GK: A top 3 GK itw. At worst top 5 but easily top 3 since last year or so. A big question mark in his European Performances though.

DEF: Christensen, Kounde, Araujo some of the best CBs in the league. Inigo for depth. Cancelo is one the best FBs in the world. Truly World Class. Balde is one of the best emerging young Full Backs in the world. Alonso is tall and decent looking I guess. Roberto is Roberto. All in all, best defense in LL and Top 5 itw.

MID: Romeo average player. At best decent for squad depth. While I consider Pedri overrated, he's still one of the best young mids itw. Injury issues. Gavi is a highly rated young mid. Gundogan might be just past his peak but he just won the treble. Clutch, experienced and his profile suits the Barca traditions. FDJ, one of the best mids in the World and truly WC. Roberto is Roberto. All in all, insane strength in depth in this area and easily a top 2 midfield itw.

ATT: This is Joao's last chance to prove that he can be what he was hyped up to be. Versatile attacker with a bit of magic. Ferran is good at the moment. Bang average player based on what he has shown so far in his career. Raphinha is a good, solid RW. Nothing more. Yamal looks insanely talented. Exciting player. Last but not the least, RL9. All in all, a top 5 attack itw. Has potential to be even more than that based on how Yamal develops and Ferran's shark-y(cringe shit) comeback turns out.

All things considered, it's at worst a top 5 squad in the world but imo, it's a top 3 squad...... Pretty well balanced team. A very youthful and energetic team with 2 or 3 experienced players. Right mix. A World Class Coach would do wonders with this squad. City have a slightly better squad. Bayern are around the same level but have better coaching, mentality, morale and recent club culture.

Minimum expectations with this great squad should be:

Copa del Ray: Finals
CL: Semis

Minimum expectation for me should be some solid steps above last season's (which was to win a title):
Copa del Ray: Win
CL: Quarter Finals

I'd take CL semis over copa del ray win, but can't see us stepping up so much from consecutive group stage exists, and some things take time to recover from. Hope I am wrong.

Depending on the evolution of our Group matches (provided we don't crash out) and some luck with the draws, it is possible.

On the other hand, if we are super unlucky and draw any one from the big dogs City, Bayern, PSG early on, we are out. Against any other team, we should at least compete on equal terms with this squad.

Judoman

How is La liga win a min. expectation? Madrid doesn't exist anymore? Min expectation would be 2nd, same for copa.

JamDav1982

Min expecation is not a win but it is to win against a poor Real or keep pace with a good one and them have a run in Europe where expectations are fixtures dependent really.

khaled_a_d

We have a very good squad, but we also have serious issues especially in terms of bench:
Pena, Roberto, Alonso are all disasters waiting to happen, the fullback situation might be softened if all CBs are healthy and cover for them. Pena is the worst back up GK among top teams.

We have no back up no 9 either, unless Roque arrives in January
We will need some luck with injuries for this team to be able to compete.
If RM kept it tight race, classico results might be decisive and match up in CL and to lesser extent CDR plays important rule.
A month with injuries like we had when we played Inter, and our season might be worse than last year.

Starting line up also has issues btw, Romeu will be exposed against top teams, we lack superstar attacker who can carry the team (And Lewa isn't that atm), we also has too many young players

JamDav1982

Balde/Cancelo can play LB before have to turn to Alonso.

While at RB Cancelo/Araujo/Kounde and even Balde could cover there at times.

Its not as if the first alternative at FB is now Roberto/Alonso... unless Xavi decides that is the case.

Alonso and Roberto should be there as players for dead minutes to rest others primarily.

Back up 9s would be Ferran and Felix for time being.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Min. expectation is second place in LL and advance from group in CL (and I don't really give a f about Copa other than having some nice B players getting a chance to prove themselves)...

Andresito

Staff member
Min expecation is not a win but it is to win against a poor Real or keep pace with a good one and them have a run in Europe where expectations are fixtures dependent really.
Agree on this.

Minimum expectation isn't some number, it is to stay competitive with the top teams. How far that might take us we shall see.
But the goal/aim is always the same: to win it all. We can't have players who are content with reaching QF as if we're Napoli or Dortmund and with everything else being a bonus.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
15 Barca players took part in 1-0 win against Bilbao. Out of those Barca paid only for Ter Stegen, Torres and Romeu.

And if you divide the overall sum paid 75mil. (vast chunk on a flop Torres 60 mil. ) on players who featured you arrive at a figure of 5 million per player.

Pretty solid.

Home of Barca Fans