Victor Font

Joan

Current western women are most privileged class in human history so fuck off with your "privileged class" bullshit. Hiring incompetent retards to fill out diversity quotas is one of the reasons why so many endeavors in the West is declining in quality. Only best people should do any particular jobs. If it's women, fine. Simple, concept really. There's no better alternative, if you don't want to fail at shit.

Gnidrologist's on a roll today.

Agreed. 100 percent true.

akaranzo

Current western women are most privileged class in human history so fuck off with your "privileged class" bullshit. Hiring incompetent retards to fill out diversity quotas is one of the reasons why so many endeavors in the West is declining in quality. Only best people should do any particular jobs. If it's women, fine. Simple, concept really. There's no better alternative, if you don't want to fail at shit.

Point is the privileged class will stay as the privileged class if nobody calls out the lack of diversity and doesn't give opportunities to people outside of that. People who are born into poor families often don't have the same opportunities for education and thus are left out of many important roles. That has to change and that change has to start from people who have a platform pointing this discrimination out. Of course I also don't agree with the idea of giving people important roles JUST because they're a woman for example but when there are roles that are highly dominated by white men then questions have to be asked why that's the case.

Gnidrologist

How do these "white males" become dominant, if they aren't more capable?
And what do you suggest about poor people? I'm poor for example. Should i get a cushy job on some board to remedy this injustice? Would be nice.

Last edited:

Birdy

Point is the privileged class will stay as the privileged class if nobody calls out the lack of diversity and doesn't give opportunities to people outside of that. People who are born into poor families often don't have the same opportunities for education and thus are left out of many important roles. That has to change and that change has to start from people who have a platform pointing this discrimination out. Of course I also don't agree with the idea of giving people important roles JUST because they're a woman for example but when there are roles that are highly dominated by white men then questions have to be asked why that's the case.

Problem is in the past the 'merit ' was only 'merit within the privileged classes'.
The question if that's still the case.
If yes, the solution is definitely not quotas of diversity because it completely effaces any merit.
The solution will be to find those mechanisms of check and balances that will trace any discrimination in the process of hiring based on merit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Font had some good plans when it comes to modernizing the club, but managed to shoot himself in the foot during this long campaign. Instead of coming across as a proper alternative to Laporta in a similar mould he's leaned into the same type of rhetoric used by the likes of Frexia and Rosell and Bartomeu previously, not to forget his tiresome Xavi mantra. Which is obviously a pity because he had some momentum and a lot of goodwill last year from socis and local fans.

The likes of Jordi Cruyff definitely backstabbed him once he realized Laporta is the clear favorite. Wouldn't be the first time Cruyff Junior backs out from a job or a commitment if you look through his past history. I believe [MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION] has alluded to this in the past

Now there's a fair chance he ends up third.

I won't rule him out next time around though. Just need to handle the media and campaigning part better, and not become a part of the Grupo Godo clique. It's like selling your soul to the devil or The Count of Godo in this case

Everything else is your usual politics and election stuff. Some people take certain quotes that routinely gets mistranslated by some bots managing these Barca news account or quotes taken out of context way too seriously.

From what I've noticed @khaled_a_d knows his stuff very well when it comes to the elections and the political aspect of the club. Usually the one who makes the most sense here if I'm being honest, but I've not read all the posts concerning the elections so forgive me if I haven't seen other posts regarding this that sheds some light into the current situation.

Last edited:

Birdy

Font had some good plans when it comes to modernizing the club, but managed to shoot himself in the foot during this long campaign. Instead of coming across as a proper alternative to Laporta in a similar mould he's leaned into the same type of rhetoric used by the likes of Frexia and Rosell and Bartomeu previously, not to forget his tiresome Xavi mantra. Which is obviously a pity because he had some momentum and a lot of goodwill last year from socis and local fans.

It's a pity that his XAvi obsession doomed him, because he has the right ideas and gives the right answers.
(i.e. 'Who will be the next coach?' Font: 'The sporting structure will decide on that, not the president'.)
It should be clear that in 2021 this should be the way to do things.

Porque

It's a pity that his XAvi obsession doomed him, because he has the right ideas and gives the right answers.
(i.e. 'Who will be the next coach?' Font: 'The sporting structure will decide on that, not the president'.)
It should be clear that in 2021 this should be the way to do things.

Which is BS. Because his plan centered around Xavi as manager, which is his personal choice.

xxxxxx

He did mess up with mentioning Xavi too many times, but he's given better details in his case than Laporta has. Not saying Font is perfect or whatever.... just saying he's presented his case much better than Laporta has.

Laporta is just relying on his past history to win the case. He's also making out that he and Messi are best buddies.... when I don't even think that's the case. Messi obviously knows him, but I doubt Messi even stayed in contact with Laporta when he left in 2010. I even doubt Messi spoke to him much during 2003 to 2010.

Comments like this are really immature: Joan Laporta on Font: "He always talks about organization charts and power-points. While he was doing all that, we won the Champions League with Bar?a? Well.... Font hasn't had a chance to win the Champions League because he hasn't been a president. So comments like that are really unfair.

Then he's making other comments like this: "I have spoken with many agents and they are eager to work with Bar?a so that the best players can come to us." You can talk to all the agents you want, but if you don't any or much money, you cannot bring in the best players. Does he not realize that we're in terrible debt? We literally have to pay back 266m euros by June and then another 160m by the end of the year. We also owe another 130m euros to other clubs from transfers.

Regardless, whoever comes in is going to do a terrible job for the first few years. But, I feel with Laporta, we'll struggle the most.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
He did mess up with mentioning Xavi too many times, but he's given better details in his case than Laporta has. Not saying Font is perfect or whatever.... just saying he's presented his case much better than Laporta has.

Do me a favor. List those details. List the details of both candidates' plans so that we can have a better look.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

In campaigns, candidates can promise anything but fail to deliver on them. Deeds not words

Laporta is just relying on his past history to win the case. He's also making out that he and Messi are best buddies.... when I don't even think that's the case. Messi obviously knows him, but I doubt Messi even stayed in contact with Laporta when he left in 2010. I even doubt Messi spoke to him much during 2003 to 2010.

Comments like this are really immature: Joan Laporta on Font: "He always talks about organization charts and power-points. While he was doing all that, we won the Champions League with Bar?a? Well.... Font hasn't had a chance to win the Champions League because he hasn't been a president. So comments like that are really unfair.

Best indication of future actions is reviewing their CV/past, Font has never run a football club and is only recently a socio. He is more businessman than cule and last decade has demonstrated that corporatists have been the worst thing possible for the club. On the other hand, Laporta is the most successful President in the history of the club - not simply for winning everything but the manner in which he did it and the impact factor & respect/adulation the club drew from the world. We are far from that atm

As for Messi, if you believe for a moment that Leo is not counting on a Laporta Presidency you have not been paying attention. There is mutual respect/understanding and most of all, trust. That cannot be bought

Then he's making other comments like this: "I have spoken with many agents and they are eager to work with Bar?a so that the best players can come to us." You can talk to all the agents you want, but if you don't any or much money, you cannot bring in the best players. Does he not realize that we're in terrible debt? We literally have to pay back 266m euros by June and then another 160m by the end of the year. We also owe another 130m euros to other clubs from transfers.

Regardless, whoever comes in is going to do a terrible job for the first few years. But, I feel with Laporta, we'll struggle the most.

It's a nonsensical conclusion to draw that sounds like bias against Laporta than actual belief in Font or Freixa - both corporatists, the latter a fundamental element of Rosell & Bartomeu's boards

I like that Laporta has not come out talking about any specific signing, it's the typical election hype from yesteryear whereby a big signing is promised. However, considering the state of the club's finances due to mismanagement from Barto & Rosell, that won't be easy. If anyone can keep the club competitive either with signings or philosophy, it's going to be a Cruyffist like Laporta

Vote blaugrana and there is only one candidate

SmilerBam

Tomorrow,this fools thread will be closed.He really thought he can take on Laporta?Like,really.I know a quote from Pep about Messi when they discussed if Sergie Aguero is one of the best in the world:''I think Messi is number one,number two,number three in the world.Sergio?He is one of the best,from the rest''. Is the same with Laporta.He is number one,number two and number three in the best presidents of this club has ever had.No one come close.And he deserves a chance to save the club,once again.Or do you think Barcelona before he came was considered the mamoth that is today?No.We were the laughing stock of Madrid,who stole us or best player-Figo,and they bitchslapped us in every match possible.Now we have an enititled fanbase,but we have it mostly because of him.

Home of Barca Fans