Victor Font

khaled_a_d

Who else is running and whom do you think would do the best job? Heard that he's the only candidate that has declared for the election so far, is that true?

Not been following this race every closely. Agree that Font sound incredibly naive and idealistic with zero experience. It probably comes back to bite him and us as a club if he wins.

Election is one year ahead of us, I don't think we will have good idea of candidates before January. It is not normal to start campaigning couple of years before election like Font did.
Laporta seem to be favorite by landslide, he made peace with Rossell and might make peace with media which is the biggest hindrance for him to get elected. I like Laporta but I think he needs an informative sidekick, a knowledgeable ex-coach who helps him with football decisions and act as highly rated advisor like Crujif did. Someone like Pep/Rijkaard/LVG. That was critical to his success, and lack of such consultant was critical to our decline. Xavi isn't that type of guy btw.
Laporta himself has question marks without doubt, not gonna deny that

I still can't get over the fact that Font suggested selling percentage of the club in stock market early in his campaign, he backed away from that idea quickly but still irritate me.

Anyway, I just hope for the best.
Campaigns with good ideas is one thing, doing what you need to do after winning is totally different.

serghei

We need someone who is smart enough and yet humble enough to surround himself of people who know football.

Font & Xavi is going to be hard to beat. Xavi is one of the greatest and most respected names in our history. If they share the same vision and both are ready to make the calls to get us there, this can be a fruitful partnership that can set the foundation of the new Barca.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don’t be gullible. Socios care about club financial stability more than wild dreams of a top project, so if Font’s plan doesn’t add up to the current state of things, they won’t elect him easily at all.

serghei

Don’t be gullible. Socios care about club financial stability more than wild dreams of a top project, so if Font’s plan doesn’t add up to the current state of things, they won’t elect him easily at all.

The sporting side and economics side are both equally important. Current board is currently shit at both. We don't sell hamburgers. We aspire to be the best football club. If we spent more money than anyone and we're not close, it means financially, the money have been spent poorly. If you don't have a great sporting project, then you are losing money.

Last edited:

serghei

Anyway, the president is not an accountant. He sets the direction of the team and the club, and he has professionals working for him making sure the numbers are looking good. So, I don't see how Font would be less likely to keep financial stability than the current board's candidate? Based on what? If anything, we'd spend less hundreds of millions on players that lose value immediately due to the club being completely vision-less. Or paying tens of millions every year as wage for veterans who can't be arsed to run.

Last edited:

Toecrusher

I've interacted a bit with Font in a professional capacity (work in similar business industries), and he came across as a very switched on and capable leader. Definitely not someone to spout fairy dust without any solid detailed plans.

JamDav1982

Font mentioning other clubs by name in Man Utd and AC Milan shows a lack of tact.

No need to piss off other big clubs like that.

Messi983

Really hope there will be another good candidate. Don't like this guy and don't want Laporta back.

If only GOATomeu could stay...

Vilarrubi

Weren’t AC Milan mid table a few years ago? Under no circumstances would Barca ever finish mid table in La Liga :lol: it’s a shit comparison. Anyone who mentions us turning into them are being dramatic or dumb.

#LaportaIn

KingLeo10

Weren’t AC Milan mid table a few years ago? Under no circumstances would Barca ever finish mid table in La Liga :lol: it’s a shit comparison. Anyone who mentions us turning into them are being dramatic or dumb.

#LaportaIn

They've been mid-table for like 8 years running.

Worst we'll ever be is the 2nd place in La Liga.

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans