Victor Font

khaled_a_d

He never states he's staying their until 2022 personally.

While later it will be time to take the next step in my career, for now, I am focused on enjoying my time here and making the most of the opportunity to play a small role in Qatar's exciting journey leading up to 2022.

If Laporta or Font comes calling, he will take the job.

I think he is simply distancing himself from all the politics.
Font using Xavi doesn't do the later any good. He probably wants him to win but he risks breaking ties with next president if Font lose, also Koeman being a club legend doesn't make a good look for Xavi if he says "yes, indeed I am coming for the guy job"
Last but not least, will be disrespect to his current club, who he spent more than 5 years at, he is raising a family there and they treated him perfectly. They understand that he might leave to Barca but no need for him to rub it in their face consistently

But yes, after election it will be different call if he get an offer

Last edited:

fergus90

I think he is simply distancing himself fr9m all the politics.
Font is using Xavi doesn't do the later any good. He probably wants him to win but he risks breaking ties with next president if Font lose, also Koeman being a club legend doesn't make a good look for Xavi if he says "yes, indeed I am coming for the guy job"
Last but not least, will be disrespect to his current club, who he spent more than 5 years at,has his family raised there now and treated him perfectly.

But yes, after election it will be different call if he get an offer

Yeah I agree and it's the correct way of going about it for all parties involved.

Barcilliant

He never states he's staying their until 2022 personally.

While later it will be time to take the next step in my career, for now, I am focused on enjoying my time here and making the most of the opportunity to play a small role in Qatar's exciting journey leading up to 2022.

If Laporta or Font comes calling, he will take the job.
Please no. Xavi will just set us back another five years. Endless sideways and backwards passing.

fergus90

Please no. Xavi will just set us back another five years. Endless sideways and backwards passing.

I think it depends really because Xavi does have his team playing good fast attacking football. People will say well yeah that's only in Qatar but surely if he can get a group of much less talented individuals to play a certain way, he should be able to transmit that to players of better quality and experience.

I do understand your possession argument though, because I see Barca's possession game in two eras, the successful 2008-11 era and the sterile, slow build-up era from late 2011-2014. The 2008-11 era was possession football that was both attacking with intent and aggressive. Wingers provided plenty of width but were also perfectly good technical footballers and had plenty of goals in them, pressing was aggressive (6 second rule) and of course, the orchestraors, Xavi & Iniesta, were younger and fresher.

Once 2012 rolled along, we swapped the more dynamic, athletic players with players like Cesc who were comfortable playing in the middle, thus our game became more compact and had less speed, too many players need the ball to feet, we lost power, movement and runners too, like we had with Henry, Eto'o, Villa pre injury. Xavi of course was older so the slower possession game suited him better than the quicker aggressive play from three years earlier.

Now my hope for Xavi if he does become manager, recognizes that it was the aggresive possession era (08-11) that was effective and not possession for possesion's sake (12-14). Of course the ability to play this also depends on the personnel available to you.

Andresito

Staff member
This is just Vilarrubi showing his support for Font, no?

He's no part of Font's team whatsoever.

behindbrowneyes

He'll present the sporting part of the project tomorrow. Let's hope we'll get some more names other than Xavi because this election should not only be about the next president and his coach. The club needs an expert in every part of the board to turn the really bad situation around.

Laporta for instance had a great team (Soriano, Txiki, Rosell + Cryuff as advisor) back then. The club was in a great state financially until Ferran Soriano left.

xxxxxx

It'll be the same crap he's been saying for the past 12 months. Xavi this and Xavi that. We'll need to sign Messi as soon as possible. We'll try to use players from La Masia more. We won't overspend on players (which will be false).

I don't trust him. I also don't want Laporta. Laporta was very lucky he had a great team. I feel he won't do anywhere as well with the problems we have now.

Regardless of who comes in, we're fucked in any case. There's too much debt and not enough quality in the team. And, we don't have a top manager to carry us forward.

Vilarrubi

Eqe23u4UUAAKXoL

Home of Barca Fans