Julian Nagelsmann

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Very smart decision by him and the right step. Nagelsmann needs to make RB a top 4 club in Germany and I think he will be able to make it. After that he can go to the biggest clubs.

FC433

Meet Julian Nagelsmann, the manager your club wants to hire

❝It’s normal if Real Madrid call you, you think about it,” he admits. “I was surprised at first, I weighed it up and I didn’t feel comfortable with a decision to go there. I want to improve. If you go to Real Madrid, there’s no time to improve as a manager.

You don’t have a chance to be a better manager, you already have to be the best. I’m not the best now, but I can admit I want to be one of the best in future. If you go to Real Madrid or Barcelona, the fans, the media and the decision-makers don’t give you the time to grow into that.

They only want to see victories every game, titles, Champions League trophies. If you don’t win, you can’t say ‘but I’m still young, I’m still developing.’ It’s not that easy in football to plan a career, because it is so unpredictable, but you have to try.

The main thing is to make the right steps, not the biggest steps. Real Madrid is probably one of the highest steps you can take so I thought ‘you turn 31, go to Real and where to do you go from there?

The other thing is language is very important to me. I like to communicate, I’m very expressive with my players. I can’t speak Spanish yet, I can only say, ‘hola, que tal.’ So it was the biggest step, but not the right step.

Rangnick and the club’s CEO, Oliver Mintzlaff were so determined to land him ahead of the competition they predicted would emerge that summer, they acted uncharacteristically quickly.

“They really fought to get me,” Nagelsmann recalls. “It’s important as a manager that you feel a club believes in you and your methods. Oliver Mintzlaff and Ralf Rangnick showed me this. They called me over a year before they wanted me at Leipzig and told me why and how it would work. The next day, there was a contract sent to my email. It took just 20 hours after we spoke for it to arrive and that is not normal.

“A lot of clubs in the summer period phoned me and said ‘perhaps we’d like to have you.’ There was no perhaps with Leipzig. I am a young manager and it appealed to me to work at a club where the structure is clear, where there are not 20 guys all with an opinion that takes you in different directions.

“Here I can decide and things happen quickly because the vision is the same across the club. It’s also interesting for me to work with a young team. They want to develop, to increase their capacity and get better every day. I want to develop, to increase my capacity and get better every day too, so we pull together on the same path.”❞

source

Laplacian

He'll go to Madrid before coming here.

We should be begging him to come after his Leipzig tenure. Dude manages to get the best out of his players all the time, in Hoffenheim and Leipzig. He seems to have a good eye for transfers as well if he's supported by a good sporting director. Werner is half the player he is he was under Julian, despite being surrounded by far better players.

Unfortunately after the Koeman selection, it really does look like Barcelona has no interest in world class coaches. We will sign Xavi, appoint Pimienta, or some Dutch coach, or whatever..."Barca DNA"...

El Gato

Villarato!
Again asked about RM and suggesting he may agree to coach in the future.

Summer could be interesting and certainly would be very very curious to see a manager like him make the jump to coaching some multi-time champions without trophies to fall back on.

Home of Barca Fans