Alphonso Davies

barcanuck

This is my man. Been watching him live last couple of seasons. He's starting to get frighteningly good! He's got technique, pace, anticipation, hesitation on the wing all stuff you can't teach. At least there is a future for Canadian footy!

Yannik

I read that he‘s in advanced negotiations with Bayern. Would cost 12m and become the most expensive MLS transfer in history.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is he going to play for Bayern II or their first team? They have Gnabry and Coman on the wings, not to mention Robbery.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Rafinha was more that type of loan deal but a lot folk on here go apeshit when Barca look to loan out a youngster.

Depending on how people perceive the purpose of the loan, I think. I don't think people had any problems for example when we loaned out Samper. We knew he was a keeper who needed more minutes. People complained when we loaned out players that we didn't know what to do with, or how to get rid of. We should loan players primarily with the intention of developing them and getting them back.

Anyways, I wish we would embark on buying high-potential teenagers and loaning them out to La Liga or Bundesliga teams.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Loans in La Liga backfire unless it's to managers that trust them like Lucho did with Rafinha.

Yannik

Is he going to play for Bayern II or their first team? They have Gnabry and Coman on the wings, not to mention Robbery.

He isn't 18 yet, so they'll probably make a Vinicius agreement until July '19 and then either one or both of Robbery are retired. Or they sign him in December and depending on injury situation loan him to a BuLi club for the last 6 months.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Davies may not be the immediate answer but in their best interests Bayern should be moving on from Ribery/Robben pretty much immediately. Should've done it already too and played them in smaller roles, I feel like both could make a good impact off the bench. No CL contending team should be relying on 34 and 35 year old wingers, no matter how good they once were. They may not have been that bad in the Buli but 0 goals and 2 assists combined between them in the CL speaks for itself.

barcanuck

Davies may not be the immediate answer but in their best interests Bayern should be moving on from Ribery/Robben pretty much immediately. Should've done it already too and played them in smaller roles, I feel like both could make a good impact off the bench. No CL contending team should be relying on 34 and 35 year old wingers, no matter how good they once were. They may not have been that bad in the Buli but 0 goals and 2 assists combined between them in the CL speaks for itself.

God I cried when they started both Ribbery and Robbery in CL semis vs Real. Seriously you haven't moved on from those has beens. At least Ribery didn't get on that French squad and get his title.

It's good that Bayern is in, German league has a decent success rate with North American players. Surely he will be loaned out.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ribery was actually Bayern's best player when they got beaten at the Allainz

Huh? For me Kimmich was the best that game and quite handily. Ribery was extremely wasteful in the final third and ineffective (along with the rest of the Bayern attackers) while their midfield actually did a number on RM's in both legs. Kimmich and James were the clear best in that tie overall IMO.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ribery was great in wasting chances that night or waiting too long on the ball to make a pass.

Living on his reputation. Played like Willian, style without any substance so no wonder Andrew loved his performance that night.

Home of Barca Fans