Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 34

Sunday, April 29, 20:45

inCIPy4Y90tsk9qG5u5HBQ_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

Here we are! Point from La Corina is enough to claim back La Liga :)

El Flaco

Deportivo will make guard of honor for Barça since we won CdR last weekend.

[tw]989554068526850049[/tw]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice gesture.

I know many feel deflated after Roma and La Liga being bagged months ago but it's still a big feat after many "fans" buried Barca last summer.

bodi16

Nice gesture.

I know many feel deflated after Roma and La Liga being bagged months ago but it's still a big feat after many "fans" buried Barca last summer.

Well, just by looking at our squad i realize this is the maximum we could have got this season in my opinion.

sickstar

Actually it's not bad at all.
If Messi or suarez or anyone with a chance against Roma converted just one of their chances to goal..
We could've still be fighting in CL right now.
Think, just one goal difference could change people opinion 180 deg.
I could even bet we are able to defeat Liverpool if Roma is passed (we could rest anyone in la liga and bring performance like Sevilla Copa final performance), and becoming triple winner. It is that close. EV actually has done almost excellent job this season, bar Roma of course, his only blunder.

Devils

I'm really against the idea of giving a guard of honour in a Liga match for a CDR trophy. I understand if it was for La Liga, but don't think Deportivo should give us one for CDR.

Whatever though, let's just win the title and call it a season.

mdenci

I'm really against the idea of giving a guard of honour in a Liga match for a CDR trophy. I understand if it was for La Liga, but don't think Deportivo should give us one for CDR.

They are giving us the guard of honor because they too played in the Copa. We didn't give Real Madrid the guard of honor because we didn't play in the competition that they won (Club World Cup), so I think it's a nice gesture, plus they may be hoping for us to ease up on them :)

serghei

Nice gesture.

Yea, Roma sure left a bitter taste that will not go away too soon, but winning 8/9 titles in Spain in the last 3 years with this Madrid team around is an incredible achievement.

gregorrin10

Exactly! If they start doing it for Cdr, that will give Madrid the exact loophole that they've been wanting. Guard of Honor should only be used for La Liga, and after the team is already an automatic champion. Not to mention if they all started giving GOH just because they played in the same competition, it would get totally out of hand, i wouldn't be surprised then that Madrid would claim we didn't give them GOH for winning CL...i mean come on. Domestic LEAGUES, and that's it, or at least it should be it, since it's tradition.

Neymessi

Yea, Roma sure left a bitter taste that will not go away too soon, but winning 8/9 titles in Spain in the last 3 years with this Madrid team around is an incredible achievement.

Which 3 trophies are you counting in a season. La liga copa and?

viper76

Deportivo will make guard of honor for Barça since we won CdR last weekend.

[tw]989554068526850049[/tw]

I'm against the idea of giving a guard of honour this will let RM of the hook , guard of honour should only be given for wining the Liga .

serghei

Which 3 trophies are you counting in a season. La liga copa and?

My mistake, it's 7/8 in the last 4 years.

Liga - Copa in 2015
Liga - Copa in 2016
Copa in 2017
Liga - Copa in 2018.

Shame about the CL because we could've won it in 2016 for sure. We were the best team that season, but lost some steam at the wrong time.

Last edited:

FC B

"The greatest club ever" did its last double almost three decades ago if I recall correctly :lol:

Home of Barca Fans