Garcia Pimienta

Porque

Good move for him.

Shows how much I follow LaLiga2 that I didn't realise Iraola was at Rayo. What a right foot he had.

Another former pro making greater managerial strides than Xavi.

Just saying :coffee:

Andresito

Staff member
So he went from being a candidate for Barca to Girona in Segunda.

Not saying it's a bad move, quite the opposite as I like Girona and think Pimienta can be great for them long term, starting off with a promotion and then building a Girona that can stay in Liga for years to come. At least that's what I hope.

Messi983

Good move for him.

Shows how much I follow LaLiga2 that I didn't realise Iraola was at Rayo. What a right foot he had.

Another former pro making greater managerial strides than Xavi.

Just saying :coffee:

Yeah, Iraola looks a promising manager tbh. He led a newly-promoted Mirandes to 11th place in Segunda and semi-finals of Copa beating La Liga teams like Celta, Sevilla and Villarreal last season and now he got Rayo promoted. Probably won't be too long before he'll get a chance in Bilbao.

ajnotkeith

Pimienta on Jijantes :

'If I was Barca manager, without a doubt, with this squad fully healthy I would aim to win the Champions League and LaLiga'

This guy couldn't get promoted to Segunda A with a team full of first-division players and he thinks he would win the CL with our squad lmao

Raketa10

Pimienta on Jijantes :

'If I was Barca manager, without a doubt, with this squad fully healthy I would aim to win the Champions League and LaLiga'

This guy couldn't get promoted to Segunda A with a team full of first-division players and he thinks he would win the CL with our squad lmao

Clown

JamDav1982

No chance if this squad is fully healthy would any coach get them near the CL.

Pimienta loving a sound bite and trying to big himself up when couldnt get Barca up with strong squads/ost expensive squads and he was highest paid coach.

Given far too big a platform to spout off for what he has achieved as a coach.

Porque

Well, i rated Pimienta higher than AJ but those comments are rather foolish- if not taken out of context. Come across rather arrogant and possibly in part bitterness for his firing.

Lets see if Pimienta to prove himself as a good LaLiga coach now that he is out of the Barcelona bubble.

His B side played well, biggest issue is that the team/players were only good for 60/70 minutes which you will get in a majority youth team.

His promotion failures were the drop of a coin, so I would not look too much into it.

JamDav1982

He failed to get up with a team that had Pena, Akieme, Correa, Araujo, Monhcu, Konrad, Iliax, Nico, Manaj etc.

Those are not all youth players and that is a lot of talent and expensive talent for that level with him being highest paid coach.

Those players and players he had are about age B teams will always be.

ajnotkeith

Well, i rated Pimienta higher than AJ but those comments are rather foolish- if not taken out of context. Come across rather arrogant and possibly in part bitterness for his firing.

Lets see if Pimienta to prove himself as a good LaLiga coach now that he is out of the Barcelona bubble.

His B side played well, biggest issue is that the team/players were only good for 60/70 minutes which you will get in a majority youth team.

His promotion failures were the drop of a coin, so I would not look too much into it.
I watched a lot of the stream. It was in context. Quite laughable interview. He said he was sure that the squad was good enough to compete for all the titles and that if he was manager they certainly would aim to win everything. Said yes losing to a Bayern or Man City happens but that this Barca can still beat any team in the world and that he would aim to win the CL as Barca manager. Recap if any B team followers are interested :

The Madrid game :

- Thinks it was a very even game that was decided by the chances finished. Says if Pique's header had gone in and Dest finished that sitter then the story would be very different. Thinks it was an evenly matched game and that it showed Barca can compete against any team in the world.

- That both the two teams are not as good as they once were.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discussing the first team :

- This Barca squad can beat anyone & should be aiming to win every trophy they can. Says CL is a very reasonable target and so is LaLiga.

- Much of the issue with Koeman is that he plays players out of position. Says Collado should have been registered and understands playing right-wing perfectly, but also says Demir plays that position better than Dest and played well when he was put there at the start of LaLiga (Don't know what on earth he was watching as pretty much everyone thought Demir was bad).

- Praised Gavi a lot and said he is being played out of position at times and would be 'even better' in his natural position.

- Said Eric Garcia is an exceptional player and demonstrated a lot of commitment coming back to Barca. Says he knows there were other teams and City offering him good contracts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B team, his sacking and some insights on signings :

- Says it should be an aim of the board to have as many B team/La Masia players in the first-team as possible and that instead of signing a backup midfielder from outside they could use B team players like Monchu (formerly) for example

- Says it's not true that his football wasn't in line with the Barca style (Laporta said recently he was sacked because his football and management didn't fit for Barca).

- Responded to a common criticism that he didn't give any chance to external transfers in the B team and that he only gave chances to La Masia players. Said most of the signings the board made for the B team (Reis, McGuane, Noveas etc) were not good enough and that the board didn't cooperate with him much when making signings, that he often found out in the press who was going to be signed for the B team. Adds that he played external transfers if they were better than what was 'at home' and says the only good transfers made were Araujo, Wague and Akieme.

Bobo32

A very strange sacking, and a very nice interview it seems from the transcription above.
Of course Barcelona should attempt to win the CL. Two years ago they were very close. Not winning is no big failure since Messi went, but not trying, and saying you can't play tiki toki with the current squad, is inexcusable.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't mind the comment.

Koemans attitude of complaining about the team is much worse.

At least Pimienta had balls to say that. Kudos for that.

Home of Barca Fans