Garcia Pimienta

messi1995

This man is a world class coach. Last year players like Riqui and Monchu struggled under Gabri but now they have improved massive. Don't care what Lopez fanboys says but this guy is miles better coach than Lopez. True cruyffista and they are playing way better than Barca B.

Lol don't come here and say Lopez have done a incredible job with Barca B.. the man has only 8 wins this year and his tactics are shit. Pimienta is miles better and I'm not saying this because he won the uefa youth league. I have always said that this guy should take over Barca B. Sack Lopez now and promote Pimienta to try helping us avoid relegation.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He has earned the chance to get to B team just like Vinyals (and Oscar Garcia),I would have honestly prefered if he stays where he is successful but he is ambitious and he made t no secret he wants the B team job.
Good thing for him is that he will get the job from 1st of the season -assuming he will get it- and no pressure unlike Vinyals, might even get it in 3rd division which will make the jump easier for him.
Good luck in any case

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has earned the chance to get to B team just like Vinyals (and Oscar Garcia),I would have honestly prefered if he stays where he is successful but he is ambitious and he made t no secret he wants the B team job.
Good thing for him is that he will get the job from 1st of the season -assuming he will get it- and no pressure unlike Vinyals, might even get it in 3rd division which will make the jump easier for him.
Good luck in any case

If the club want to develop their players that can make the first team, then it would be a good strategy to promote the Juvenil A coach to the Barca B position if he's done a good enough job. Helps bridge the gap between La Masia, Barca B and the first team.

In this case Pimienta will surely focus on further developing these players which will do them very well. This fixation with a promotion should stop too. All it does is the club signing a dozen experienced players, disregarding the developmental aspect of Barca B, only to get relegated again, but now with no players having gotten the guidance they needed.

tacticvarium

Pimienta also worked as an assistant coach for López so his transition from Juv to the B team as a manager would be also done smoothly.
Hope he doesn't end up like Vinyals.

khaled_a_d

If the club want to develop their players that can make the first team, then it would be a good strategy to promote the Juvenil A coach to the Barca B position if he's done a good enough job. Helps bridge the gap between La Masia, Barca B and the first team.

The B team isn't just about player development, it is about adaptation of the real life is gonna face. Juvenil A coach is more like your University professor while B team coach is like your Boss during your internship/training job.
Those 2 are way 2 different in that aspect, B team coach doesn't need to just teach them, he need to make them realize what they are gonna face in 1st team, what is it gonna be playing with first team player and playing to earn life.
That is why we are using ex-first team footballers for it. why Pep and Lucho were very successful in that regard.
That said it shouldn't be our only option, again I prefer Garcia where he is, but he will simply pull Oscar and leave if he doesn't get the job and leave. Gerard already overstayed and we need a coach and there is no obvious coach there

In this case Pimienta will surely focus on further developing these players which will do them very well. This fixation with a promotion should stop too. All it does is the club signing a dozen experienced players, disregarding the developmental aspect of Barca B, only to get relegated again, but now with no players having gotten the guidance they needed.

I've been almost the 1st one to talk about this, so surely I agree with it.

xXKonan

Not world class but a promising manager nonetheless.

He's been much better with Juvenil A than Gabri has that's for sure.

Joan

I mostly agree with this, buying experienced players. But there's another side of the story. Difference between the third tier football and Segunda is immense. Very good (and recent) example of this being Palencia. After one season at higher level we just know he's not gonna make it.
But not just him, Abel Ruiz (who is young) looks way better in games with youth teams like today than he does with the B team. It can be up to the system, not denying it - but the fact is that the gap between Primera and lower leagues is just too big nowadays.
It helps youngsters to play tougher games, physically more challenging ones.
Similarly, Alena has proved that he can cope with the level of the league being one of its best-rated players.

So, I think that it would be beneficial for us to stay in the better league but with a purpose of developing players, not just staying up (not that this strategy works, after all).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I mostly agree with this, buying experienced players. But there's another side of the story. Difference between the third tier football and Segunda is immense. Very good (and recent) example of this being Palencia. After one season at higher level we just know he's not gonna make it.
But not just him, Abel Ruiz (who is young) looks way better in games with youth teams like today than he does with the B team. It can be up to the system, not denying it - but the fact is that the gap between Primera and lower leagues is just too big nowadays.
Similarly, Alena has proved that he can cope with the level of the league being one of its best-rated players.

So, I think that it would be beneficial for us to stay in the better league but with a purpose of developing players, not just staying up (not that this strategy works, after all).

You make a good point, but the problem is that in the quest for staying in Segunda, the team loses its way. I do believe the team need experienced players like Pep and Lucho had when they coached Barca B, but nowadays the club is signing many experienced players that hardly adds any value to the team. Perhaps it's the people in charge now that are the problem, but it's a double-edged sword.

At least in Segunda B, they'll allow these players to actually develop. In Segunda they are tossed out for some mediocre players that have a few years on them only for the team to get relegated anyway.

I don't know how they'll balance this. It's so annoying that people in the club are rarely held accountable. It took too long for Zubi to sacked and it will also take too long for the man in charge of Barca B, Pep Segura, to be held accountable.

Joan

You make a good point, but the problem is that in the quest for staying in Segunda, the team loses its way. I do believe the team need experienced players like Pep and Lucho had when they coached Barca B, but nowadays the club is signing many experienced players that hardly adds any value to the team. Perhaps it's the people in charge now that are the problem, but it's a double-edged sword.

At least in Segunda B, they'll allow these players to actually develop. In Segunda they are tossed out for some mediocre players that have a few years on them only for the team to get relegated anyway.

I don't know how they'll balance this. It's so annoying that people in the club are rarely held accountable. It took too long for Zubi to sacked and it will also take too long for the man in charge of Barca B, Pep Segura, to be held accountable.
It's really hard to discuss things related to the youth teams because they are hard to follow and there is not much talk about them.
What we know is that Segura is in charge but we don't really know his plans/objectives. I know (it might not be true) that he prefers stronger, higher guys and likes english football.

After all, it all comes down to the management about which we know little.

But B team strategy has been poor. One signing I liked is Jorge Cuenca. He's promising, well-adapted, might even make it one day. But too many medicore guys who are for some reason preferred. Gil is the best example of this.

A promising generation should be taken care of well. Invest in their development, if they are good enough, they'll earn promotion and gain experience. Why does it matter if they get relegated? They've gained needed experience and might make it.

I hope we'll hire a coach (Pimienta might be that guy) who'll work on this aspects. It doesn't matter which division we play if we need to cash over 100m for every player in the A team.

God Serena

Pimienta is going to take over the B team, win them promotion, finish top of Segunda, become first team manager, win us two trebles, take Xavi on as assistant manager, and win another treble or two before finally stepping down for a 1 year sabbatical and handing the reigns over to Xavi, who will remain our manager for the next 10-15 years.

I can see it all now.

Jallo

Pimienta is going to take over the B team, win them promotion, finish top of Segunda, become first team manager, win us two trebles, take Xavi on as assistant manager, and win another treble or two before finally stepping down for a 1 year sabbatical and handing the reigns over to Xavi, who will remain our manager for the next 10-15 years.

I can see it all now.
The future is extra bright. Don’t forget Abel Ruiz averaging a hat trick for his career.

khaled_a_d

Almost every club in Liga has their B team in Segunda B or worse, only exception are Barca and Seville B. Most of teams has their B team doing worse in terms of player development when they were in Segunda (Villarreal/Bilbao and to lesser extent RM)

The gap is obviously huge, but the gap between Segunda and 1st team is also huge, that is where you make need a good sporting decision making that read every case on its own rather than having a fixed strategy
Clubs uses loans, sell with buyback or just directly promoting players for that purpose. And you don't "just loan" player, you need to choose very carefully when and where.
People here blames loan for a lot of things, when the problem was the choices or the player talent itself in first place

Joan

Almost every club in Liga has their B team in Segunda B or worse, only exception are Barca and Seville B. Most of teams has their B team doing worse in terms of player development when they were in Segunda (Villarreal/Bilbao and to lesser extent RM)

The gap is obviously huge, but the gap between Segunda and 1st team is also huge, that is where you make need a good sporting decision making that read every case on its own rather than having a fixed strategy
Clubs uses loans, sell with buyback or just directly promoting players for that purpose. And you don't "just loan" player, you need to choose very carefully when and where.
People here blames loan for a lot of things, when the problem was the choices or the player talent itself in first place

This is a good point. I've never actually considered it, it's hard to find information, I suppose.
But might be that youngsters develop better in lower leagues, seem logical up to a point.

Home of Barca Fans