Garcia Pimienta

soul24rage

I hope he becomes a head coach in a first division league.

Might be better for him so that he would be more considered for a Barca first team coach

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sergi Barjuan supported Laporta's campaign for president. His appointment smells like an award for his loyalty and support rather than based on his merit and qualifications, akin to those ambassadorships given out to campaign donors and loyal sidekicks by the president-elect in the US upon winning an election.

Fuck Laporta.

Porque

Sergi Barjuan supported Laporta's campaign for president. His appointment smells like an award for his loyalty and support rather than based on his merit and qualifications, akin to those ambassadorships given out to campaign donors and loyal sidekicks by the president-elect in the US upon winning an election.

Fuck Laporta.

There's nothing inspiring about what Sergi has achieved as a coach. It is a disappointing move.

I thought we finallly had the balance right with Pimienta, between getting results and developing players.

Other coaches like Eusebio and Gerard Lopez we're more focused on the results and didn't have that balance, and in the case of Gerard just generally not a talented coach.

Sergi seems like a return to that lineage. It is a baffling decision which cannot be financially motivated because sacking Pimienta involves paying out the rest of his contract + employing Sergi Barjuan.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There's nothing inspiring about what Sergi has achieved as a coach. It is a disappointing move.

I thought we finallly had the balance right with Pimienta, between getting results and developing players.

Other coaches like Eusebio and Gerard Lopez we're more focused on the results and didn't have that balance, and in the case of Gerard just generally not a talented coach.

Sergi seems like a return to that lineage. It is a baffling decision which cannot be financially motivated because sacking Pimienta involves paying out the rest of his contract + employing Sergi Barjuan.

More evidence it is a reward/returning a favor type of a gig.

Fuck this shit, really.

khaled_a_d

More evidence it is a reward/returning a favor type of a gig.

Fuck this shit, really.

Honestly, I doubt it is returning favour.
You don't need a favor from Sergi to be elected as Barca president. Not with support of other bigger former players and being a club legend yourself.
It is either a decision that was made previously, with the board already made their decision before election and he supported them for that reason.
Or something happened with Piementa and they decided he is the best replacement (Barca B coach has been a job for former players since Pep anyway).

Would hope Sergi proves us wrong and make an even better coach than Piementa, if he is indeed appointed

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Honestly, I doubt it is returning favour.
You don't need a favor from Sergi to be elected as Barca president. Not with support of other bigger former players and being a club legend yourself.
It is either a decision that was made previously, with the board already made their decision before election and he supported them for that reason.
Or something happened with Piementa and they decided he is the best replacement (Barca B coach has been a job for former players since Pep anyway).

Would hope Sergi proves us wrong and make an even better coach than Piementa, if he is indeed appointed

I don't know what Laporta and his people saw in Sergi Barjuan to make them think he is qualified to take over the B team and fired Pimenta like this. To me it smells like a quid pro quo.

Not expecting much from the B team next season, I am not thinking about result and stuff but I am afraid Barjuan's appointment will hinder development of some players and drive players out of the club.

If this is how Laporta wants to leave his mark, he got it all wrong.

BBZ8800

About Sergi Barjuan, I don't understand how Xavi is qualified to coach Barca first team, yet Sergi, who came from La Masia ranks and played here for 9 years (promoted by Cruijff), and who was already a coach of Juvenil B, several Spanish clubs and one Chinese club = is a bad guy?

He surely has some nice credits:
Catalan, La Masia product, a former legend, a former La Masia coach, a coach for 10 years.

Did Pep, Lucho and Pimienta have better history when they got Bteam job?

vegitot

About Sergi Barjuan, I don't understand how Xavi is qualified to coach Barca first team, yet Sergi, who came from La Masia ranks and played here for 9 years (promoted by Cruijff), and who was already a coach of Juvenil B, several Spanish clubs and one Chinese club = is a bad guy?

He surely has some nice credits:
Catalan, La Masia product, a former legend, a former La Masia coach, a coach for 10 years.

Did Pep, Lucho and Pimienta have better history when they got Bteam job?

DNA.

vegitot

Some say Barca didn't like whenever they talk, Pimienta would want first team coach position. Then this happens.

khaled_a_d

La Masia clan on twitter had a good post tbf about it. They are finally getting the idea that we don't need Segunda that much.
https://twitter.com/Youngcules/status/1403470174305632264

From a candidate for the first eleven to being fired :lol: This was really unexpected.

Some say Barca didn't like whenever they talk, Pimienta would want first team coach position. Then this happens.

Yeah, this has occured to my mind too. Piementa might have been pushing himself a lot for 1st team and they didn't like it.
Whatever happened, it is shame really. He would have been a good long term coach for Barca B

vegitot

La Masia clan on twitter had a good post tbf about it. They are finally getting the idea that we don't need Segunda that much.
https://twitter.com/Youngcules/status/1403470174305632264
Yeah, this has occured to my mind too. Piementa might have been pushing himself a lot for 1st team and they didn't like it.
Whatever happened, it is shame really. He would have been a good long term coach for Barca B

Agree. I think first team is simply not something Pimienta would fit. He has coached and worked with youth teams for long time. He is better with that.
First team which result does matter is not his thing from beginning.

Porque

About Garc?a Pimienta he said that “we also have the economic situation that we have. I appreciate Garc?a Pimienta very much, but we have changed him for Sergi Barjuan, who has made a great financial effort.

:shrug:

Messi983

According to Sport Pimienta is one of the candidates to become new Girona coach alongside Michel Sanchez (ex Rayo and Huesca coach). Andoni Iraola is also condidered but he just got Rayo promoted to La Liga (at the cost of Girona) and will most likely renew his contract with los Vallecanos.

Home of Barca Fans