Garcia Pimienta

FinBarcelonafan

Barca B is simply playing better because Abde, Jutgla are playing there. They were playing games for the first team, so it really hurt the B team.

Jutglas been decisive.

Messi983

:lol:

Strangely enough, Las Palmas form is coinciding with Barca B, they've both won last 4 games so Pimi is doing quite good lately after a rough start.

UDLP is currently 7th on the table but just a point behind Oviedo who holds the last promotion playoff spot. They play against the leader Eibar this Friday. And they still have a home match vs Oviedo in next to last round. Would be interesting to see how he'd do if they're promoted but don't think their team is really ready for Primera so probably better for Pimi to stay in Segunda for another season, try to build a stronger foundation and push for a direct promotion next year.

Personally I'd prefer teams that can actually be competitive in La Liga to be promoted. So teams like:

- Eibar: even as a minnow they've managed to establish themselves as a solid midtable team for a few years before they were relegated last year

- Almeria: interested to see how much their owner would invest in the team if promoted; they've spend around 60m for new players in last three seasons which is crazy money for a Segunda team; it's true they've also sold Darwin for 25m though

- and then also hopefully Girona can make it through the playoffs although I'd say Valladolid - if they won't be promoted directly - have better chances but you never know.

And for next season hopefully Zaragoza with new American owners (they're also co-owners of Inter Miami together with Beckham) will become relevant again. I miss them in La Liga. They have some interesting youngsters coming through their youth ranks, especially Alejandro Frances (who we were already interested in) if they can keep him. His CB partner Lluis Lopez (Espanyol youth product) also had some good games from what I've seen. A bit older at 25 but could get some interest from mid/lower table La Liga teams looking for a cheap and solid CB this summer.

Messi983

Doing great for Las Palmas. Unbeaten in last 11 games (9 wins, 2 draws) and finished 4th in Segunda. They'll play semi finals of promotion playoffs vs Tenerife this week (first leg tomorrow, return on Saturday).

Can maybe loan them some of our players like Balde and Nico if they are promoted.

khaled_a_d

Honestly it feels that letting him go was best for everyone involved.
Sergi has done decent job, helped the likes of Abde, Jutgla and Blanco to develop, results was decent enough (9th place, but just 3 points from playoffs)
Pimeinta tested himself outside of his comfort zone in Barca youth system.
Way it happened was ugly though.
PS: yeah, if they got promoted (doubt it) we can use them for loaning players, well we can do that wven if they stay in Segunda

Home of Barca Fans