Garcia Pimienta

mc_lovin

I assume he was grossly overpaid. That's the only thing I am pretty sure of given Barto's history. I will wait for more information before I jump at Laporta :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Will require an explanation from Laporta because there is obviously a lack of clarity or rationale for the decision taken considering Pimienta, his work and recent assurances over his continuity - has to be an explanation and hopefully not linked to the intransigence of Koeman to insist on Bartomeu's penalty clauses as part of his contract

Sad day and to usher in a new era after the debacle of Rosell/Bartomeu, Joan will need to assure fans that there was justification

Andresito

Staff member
Weird decision. I don't understand the logic behind this. Laporta wants to put his stamp on the club by rebuilding everything? Firing a guy like Pimienta surely must mean that Laporta has someone qualified in mind.
But then again, if the argument is that Pimienta was overpaid, I doubt his successor will both be cheap and a better youth developer.

mc_lovin

Weird decision. I don't understand the logic behind this. Laporta wants to put his stamp on the club by rebuilding everything? Firing a guy like Pimienta surely must mean that Laporta has someone qualified in mind.
But then again, if the argument is that Pimienta was overpaid, I doubt his successor will both be cheap and a better youth developer.

I like Pimienta, but he literally has no track record of developing talents for the first team?! We have a good generation, but is this his achievement? Fati jumped straight to the first team. Not much else happened in the last few years apart from Mingueza and Ilaix (who are both raw as fuck).

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I like Pimienta, but he literally has no track record of developing talents for the first team?! We have a good generation, but is this his achievement? Fati jumped straight to the first team. Not much else happened in the last few years apart from Mingueza and Ilaix (who are both raw as fuck).

Araujo could be counted I guess.

mc_lovin

Araujo could be counted I guess.

I guess it's more of a team job for me than giving Garcia most of the credit. He's just a cog in the wheel of La Masia. Hardly a life or death situation for our youth. And if it's true that he earned like 4 times more than the next highest paid manager in the 3rd division it's a bit excessive.

But maybe he's a genius. No idea. Never done any research on him or even listened to an interview. And I guess most here who are outraged haven't either.

vegitot

Except Fati, the rest are not really good enough to be somekind of top player in the future. I don't think Pimienta or anyone can change that much.

Home of Barca Fans