Garcia Pimienta

Porque

Just read the report. Hopefully this is officially shot down and doesn't end up being true.

I am not going to make Pimienta out to be a martyr of Barcelona youth football. But it has been very clear to me that he was been doing an excellent job for a number of seasons. The B team have been close to promotion twice, and when the games enter XT and Penalties then it becomes a lottery.

But more than that, youth players have consistently improved under him over the length of a season. That much has been very clear.

Now if he is sacked and Xavi comes in as B coach, then it is still a move that stinks of lack of respect to the job Pimienta has done. And if someone like Xavi does not come in, I do not see what option you can bring in that will do a better job with the group of players who will be here next season.

Extremely disappointing news.

Joan

Can't say it's all Pimienta, but plenty of players who trained under his supervision in Juvenil A and later Barca B are showing promise and doing well in the league, if not for Barca. Thought that was the main point of the job. Btw., I've always thought it's the best for Barca B to avoid Segunda.

fergus90

An apparent re-modelling of the grass roots structure at the club under the guidance of Alexanko. Very weird decision, as I agree with Joan the primary remit for a coach at that stage is to nurture and help players development.

Out of all the areas of the club you'd say were actually doing well, it's the Femeni team (who is actually excelling of course) and the b-team.

Messigician

❗️ Barcelona have dismissed B manager Garcia Pimienta. [espn]

It's done wow!

And ppl thoight serial bottler was contender for first team job. Time to end bottlejob culture at this club

Barcilliant

Pimientas job was to develop players not get Barca B winning promotion. The B team is a vehicle for developing players.
I cannot understand this. Pimienta was loyal and did a great job. Now he fucking gets shafted.
Does Laporta know what he's doing or is this another knee jerk reaction?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Laportameu has arrived. :lol: :lol:

Garc?a Pimienta had earlier been told that he will continue at Bar?a B. He got an unexpected call today saying that he is fired. [@martinezferran]

Home of Barca Fans