Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Leganes CD 3-1

Givenchy

EV needs to do something about us switching off in the 2nd half. 2-0 is by no means a done deal. lucky we have the GOAT or we'd be drawing these games, Messi has to do it all himself it feels like

LeeRomeno

Opposition has energy to give us trouble one half, not 2. Some coaches do it first half, leganes was clearly saving themselves for second half, were so passive in first.
Good game, good result, should have been up with higher numbers after first half though.

PhilS

All the rotation players played well today, that bodes well for the twice a week schedule for the next 4 weeks. Seeing both Dembele and Coutinho make killer passes for Messi goals, the new Barca is being born. I hope Valverde rotates at least some at Roma. Maybe that would be the time to leave S. Roberto on the bench.

CanadianBlaugrana

All the rotation players played well today, that bodes well for the twice a week schedule for the next 4 weeks. Seeing both Dembele and Coutinho make killer passes for Messi goals, the new Barca is being born. I hope Valverde rotates at least some at Roma. Maybe that would be the time to leave S. Roberto on the bench.

I hope so.

eaman

Dude, are you taking the piss? Paulinho, Gomes, Alcacer, Digne and Denis would be the best 5 players in more than half the teams in La Liga.

Alcacer was Valencia's starting striker. Gomes a top 3 player from Valencia. Denis was a starter at Villareal. Digne just played for France national team. Paulinho is a starter for Brazil.

So you think la liga is easy? Don't be stupid. You have got to have a strong enough midfield to beat the technically quality midfield the likes of leganes play

serghei

So you think la liga is easy? Don't be stupid. You have got to have a strong enough midfield to beat the technically quality midfield the likes of leganes play

It's not easy. You stlll have to play with dedication. But it's not like you have to put your strongest players at home vs Leganes to win the game.

JerseyAddict

It sounds spoiled but I am not happy at all after the game. That Messi needs to cut Barça out every match. I don't know. I expected much more.

ATLBarcaFan

We looked good for about the first 30mins and then very mediocre after that, would this team score a goal without Messi?

Horatio

You're welcome
We looked good for about the first 30mins and then very mediocre after that, would this team score a goal without Messi?

I feel Messidepencia hasn't been as strong as most people make it out to be lately. There are a few games where we really relied on Messi like the home game against Chelsea.
But a lot of games chances get created without Messi's involvement and lesser players just fail to convert the chance. Messi converting most chances makes sense because he's simply the best player.
There have been games where Messi failed to find the net and then an inform Suarez took it upon himself to help us to victory. Paulinho and Coutinho also scored a couple of important goals. Own goal as well which has been a result of pressure from us.

Messi still has the biggest impact because he is that good and there is no shame in relying at times on such a player. But I do feel the team is more balanced than last season where goal opportunities are created for players that aren't Messi.

snowy

Yes, agreed and that's a good thing. The more players take shots at goal, the more it'll keep opposition guessing. Credit to Valv for not restricting his players. I get the feeling he's grooming Mina and when he gets to play, we might even see crosses and headers incorporated into the game. He's often called boring but should he incorporate headers and crosses, attacks from both mid and flanks, mix of possession and counters, etc.. he might end up being known as the coach with the most varied playbook. Etceteraaa

I have red socks.

Home of Barca Fans