Lliga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 1-0

M

MessiCam

Valverde can’t help himself. Continues to play players out of position... This game is tailormade for Dembélé because Atleti actually have to win it. It serves them nothing sitting deep.

Ah well. At least it’s not Gomes or Paulinho.

JamDav1982

Valverde can’t help himself. Continues to play players out of position... This game is tailormade for Dembélé because Atleti actually have to win it. It serves them nothing sitting deep.

Ah well. At least it’s not Gomes or Paulinho.

Atletico dont have to win and would take a draw without a doubt.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Cou on the right is the right choice. Iniesta will get subbed later, Coutinho will move to the left and Dembele will have the chance to play against tired defenders.
I am happy Valverde has chosen this line up.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Usually they go for a high press in the first 10 mins. and regardless if they get a goal or not, they go back to their deep defensive block. But if they do get a goal after that initial pressing period, it's hard to turn the match around and beat them.

And more often than not in recent years, we concede that goal and have to chase the comeback. Some of the most frustrating games I’ve watched.

JamDav1982

I bet that Messi and Coutinho will rotate throughout the first half.

When Messi wants to come wide Cout will go inside.

henias

Cou on the right is the right choice. Iniesta will get subbed later, Coutinho will move to the left and Dembele will have the chance to play against tired defenders.
I am happy Valverde has chosen this line up.

Yeah at least it isn't Gomes or Paulinho. Just hope we dont concede and sub Dembele in at halftime.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Atletico will press us like hell like they usually do. It will be very hard to contain Griezmann and Costa who will cause us a plenty of problems I think.
But when the game stays even, time will be in our favour. I am really nervous but optimistic too. Hoping for a masterclass performance by Suarez to kill them off.

jamrock

That centre midfield would be far too slow, immobile and weak. Would cut cut to ribbons by them breaking down middle of the park.

There center isn't exactly fast & mobile with gabi in there, all that is Thomas and what he as on busquets physically busquets as on him mentally, while Gabi and Iniesta will basically cancel each other out, not really though Iniesta will win that dual, it also enables us to play more of out players in a more natural position.

But I'm sure courtinho will play on the right, I can only hope for the best.

Home of Barca Fans